Date: Apr 20, 2020
Location: Livermore, CA, US, 94551
Ansys is the global leader in engineering simulation, helping the world’s most innovative companies deliver radically better products to their customers. By offering the best and broadest portfolio of engineering simulation software, Ansys helps companies solve the most complex design challenges and engineer products limited only by imagination.
The Senior Application Engineer is responsible for helping customers and ANSYS channel partners solve complex engineering problems using LS-DYNA. The position involves working closely with ANSYS customers and internal teams in a consultative and supportive technical role. The ability to research problems and find solutions to wide variety of problems is paramount. Position is a key member of a positive, dynamic team of engineers committed to solving complex customer issues.
- Interact with customers to help diagnose issues, as well as research and find solutions to a wide variety of complex problems, in order to improve customers’ productivity and satisfaction with ANSYS products
- Personally own the customer support experience, practice active listening skills and respond positively to situations requiring cooperation, courtesy and tact
- Collaborate with product development team to improve ANSYS products and the customers’ experience using these products
- Track and document inbound support requests and ensure proper notation of customer problems or issues
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or other technical discipline
- 3+ years of strong hands-on experience in areas like crashworthiness, impact and forming with explicit dynamic software
- Strong fundamentals in structural mechanics, finite element analysis, and non-linear, rate-sensitive materials
- Logical problem-solving approach and the ability to clearly communicate the situation and proposed solution to the customer
- Projects a professional image and strong business acumen during customer interactions
- Possess a sense of urgency, strong organizational and follow-up skills
- Demonstrated oral and written skills in fluent English
- MS or PhD degree preferred
- Experience correlating simulation results to test data
- Experience with simulation of manufacturing processes
- Experience with LS-DYNA
- Must have passion and drive for personal technical excellence and high performance
- Must have customer service aptitude and maintain customer focus
- Must work independently, as well as with others in a diverse team environment
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit careers.ansys.com.