Date: May 27, 2020
Location: Pune, IN, 411007
Ansys is the global leader in engineering simulation, helping the world’s most innovative companies deliver radically better products to their customers. By offering the best and broadest portfolio of engineering simulation software, Ansys helps companies solve the most complex design challenges and engineer products limited only by imagination.
The meshing team is seeking for a talented R&D engineer for mesh generation and geometry algorithm development. You will be part of a team responsible for research, design, development, and evolution of meshing technologies for ANSYS applications. The initial goal will include volume meshing and speed up various workflow from CAD to simulation providing efficient algorithmic solutions. This work covers all stages of code and capability planning, research, creation and evolution, and requires working closely with other members of geometry, meshing, and solver teams.
- Design, create, review, maintain and extend geometry algorithms for meshing for Multiphysics simulations.
- Work efficiently in a complex mixed-language code base, mostly written in C/C++, on Windows and Linux.
- Improve both robustness as well as speed and memory performance of software for processing large scale and complex real-world CAD geometries.
- Perform testing and benchmarking of implemented features and investigate problems discovered by QA or product support and develop solutions.
- Participate in and collaborate with other development, documentation, and testing professionals in all phases of the software development life cycle.
- Research and understand the requirements for a commercial product, including target environment, performance criteria, and competitive issues.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related technical field or Bachelor’s degree with a minimum five years of relevant experience.
- Solid and demonstrable background in C/C++ coding, data structures and algorithms.
- Good analysis, math, and problem-solving skills.
- Good communication skills and teamwork.
- Experience with computational geometry is an asset.
- Experience in parallel computations (distributed, shared memory and GPU) is an asset.
- Experience in scripting language like Python is an asset.
- Experience in graphics, GUI development is a plus.
- Experience on commercial software development is a plus.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit careers.ansys.com.