As part of the global manufacturing solutions team, you are responsible for developing and maintaining parts of our material flow decision-making systems in highly complex semiconductor factories. Especially you will work in the areas of Real Time Dispatching, Lot Scheduling and Process Control Logistics as well as the integration of automation systems and operator workflows. You will interface closely with the engineers from the manufacturing modules in Dresden as well as with the partners of the international locations.
After initial training, the successful applicant will have the opportunity to grow responsibility for projects and processes of strategic importance within the GLOBALFOUNDRIES Manufacturing cluster.
This position is open to experienced engineers (5-6 years) as well as to entry level candidates, including University or College masters
- Responsibility for analysis, design and implementation of dispatching and scheduling solutions in a highly automated manufacturing environment
- Maintenance and continuous improvement of existing factory automation software and optimization solutions
- Implementation of applications to monitor the factory automation and optimization environment
- Provide Second Level support for the applications owned by the team
- Education/ Experience: Bachelor’s or Master degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Advanced Mathematics, Operations Research, Systems Engineering or other appropriate technical degree
- Programming skills in a high level language (Java, C #)
- Basic knowledge of a scripting language (Tcl, Perl, Python)
- Basic knowledge of SQL and relational databases
- Fluent in speaking and writing in English and work with pleasure in international teams
- Analytical thinking, high affinity for working in complex systems
- Enthusiasm for the combination of software development with factory automation and optimization algorithms
- Knowledge of optimization methods (mathematical optimization, artificial neural networks, deep learning) is an advantage
- Experience with one Constraint or Mixed Integer Solver product, ideally in iLOG CPLEX
- Background knowledge of semiconductor manufacturing
- Ability to present complex facts and results in an easy to understand manner
- Experience in the field of project management
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit gfoundries.taleo.net.