Website Keysight EDA
Keysight is on the forefront of technology innovation, delivering breakthroughs and trusted insights to the world’s visionaries and innovators in electronic design, simulation, prototyping, test, manufacturing, and optimization. Our ~15,000 employees create world-class solutions in communications, 5G, automotive, energy, quantum, aerospace, defense, and semiconductor markets for customers in over 100 countries. Our technical solutions – and our methods for creating them – help connect and secure the world. Learn more about what we do and how we do it.
Our powerful culture has led to us being independently recognized on Fortune 100’s Best Companies List and we are “Great Place to Work” Certified. We’re driven, collaborative, ethical, and curious, and we value all ideas, especially bold ones. And our culture extends far beyond our own walls. Our corporate social responsibility efforts support our communities, nurture the next generation of engineers, and promote environmental sustainability.
At Keysight, Inclusion, Equity & Diversity is an integral part of our core values. We believe that when people feel a sense of belonging, they can be more creative, innovative, and thrive at all points in their careers. We believe everyone should be respected in the workplace and in their communities regardless of race, color, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, national origin, or any protected class. We continuously challenge ourselves to grow in our understanding of inclusion by engaging in a wide variety of diversity programs, initiatives, employee network groups and mentoring/development. This is Keysight – People and Culture – YouTube
Keysight is on the forefront of technology innovation, delivering breakthroughs and trusted insights to the world’s visionaries and innovators in electronic design, test, manufacturing, and optimization. Our ~15,000 employees create world-class solutions in wireless communications, 5G, automotive, quantum, aerospace, defense, and semiconductor markets for customers in over 100 countries.
We’re recognized as a Great Place to Work across the globe due to our robust culture and dynamic working environment. Our global team acts as “One Keysight,” using collaboration, inclusivity, and integrity to advance technology. We’re driven and curious, and we value all ideas, especially bold ones. And our strong culture extends far beyond our own walls. We leverage our corporate social responsibility framework to support our communities, nurture the next generation of engineers, and promote environmental sustainability. Our technical solutions – and our methods for creating them – help connect and secure the world. Learn more about what we do and how we do it.
Data Backup Engineer
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Data Backup Engineer to join our dynamic IT team. You will play a pivotal role in ensuring the security, resilience, and efficient management of data backup and recovery solutions. This global role offers an exciting opportunity to work with cutting-edge technologies, including CommVault backup solutions and automation scripting tools like Python, Ansible and PowerShell.
You will leverage your technical expertise in CommVault backup, automation with scripting tools, as well as your project management skills, leadership abilities, and product mindset to drive excellence in data protection and availability of critical data assets.
Backup Solution Design and Implementations
- Lead the design and implementation of robust data backup and recovery solutions using CommVault.
- Configure and optimize backup policies, schedules, and retention policies in alignment with business requirements.
- Develop automation scripts with Python and utilize Ansible for configuration management and streamline backup and recovery tasks.
- Deploy and manage storage infrastructure based on NetApp technologies.
- Utilize deep knowledge of NetApp storage systems, including ONTAP, FAS, AFF for day-to-day support.
Security and Compliance
- Possess knowledge of ransomware threats and mitigation strategies.
- Develop and implement strategies to enhance ransomware resilience in backup and recovery processes.
- Implement security best practices and compliance standards within backup infrastructure deployments.
- Collaborate with security teams to ensure backup infrastructure is secure and auditable.
- Develop and implement strategies to reduce Mean Time to Deliver (MTTD) and Mean Time to Resolve (MTTR) for incident tickets.
- Analyze incident data and trends to identify areas for improvement in incident and problem management processes.
- Lead backup and data protection projects, ensuring they are completed on time, within scope, and within budget.
Product Mindset and Learning Agility
- Continuously evaluate and improve backup and recovery processes with a product-oriented mindset, focusing on end user needs and outcomes.
- Drive innovation and efficiency in data protection solutions.
- Demonstrate the ability to quickly pick up new technologies and methodologies as needed to stay ahead of evolving data protection challenges.
- 6-8 years of experience as a Backup Administrator or similar role in an enterprise-level environment.
- Proven expertise in CommVault backup solutions, including configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
- Solid understanding of backup and recovery concepts, ransomware data protection, including disaster recovery planning.
- Knowledge of ransomware threats and resilience strategies.
- Excellent knowledge of server operating systems and networking.
- Good knowledge of OpenShift, Kubernetes and containerization environment.
- Good knowledge of storage protocols (NFS, CIFS, iSCSI, FC).
- Proficiency in automation using Python and Ansible to streamline backup processes.
- Project management skills, with a proven track record of successfully leading projects.
- A product-oriented mindset with a focus on delivering value to business stakeholders.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit jobs.keysight.com.