GLOBALFOUNDRIES is the world’s first full-service semiconductor foundry with a truly global footprint. Launched in March 2009, the company has quickly achieved scale as one of the largest foundries in the world, providing a unique combination of advanced technology and manufacturing to more than 250 customers. With operations in Singapore, Germany and the United States, GLOBALFOUNDRIES is the only foundry that offers the flexibility and security of manufacturing centers spanning three continents. The company’s 300mm fabs and 200mm fabs provide the full range of process technologies from mainstream to the leading edge. This global manufacturing footprint is supported by major facilities for research, development and design enablement located near hubs of semiconductor activity in the United States, Europe and Asia. GLOBALFOUNDRIES is owned by the Mubadala Development Company. For more information, visit http://www.globalfoundries.com.
The objective of the internship project is to develop an interface and supporting database for worldwide external R&D activities at GF. Seeking an energetic web developer to support new website projects and revamp sites for technical vitality. The intern will be engaged in integrating the data from technical vitality sites to external R&D site. and then transition to a NEW Google site from the existing CLASSIC Google site. The integrated website and database would centralize the external R&D work, across sites and across technologies. This includes deep dive into engagements in RF/mmWave collaborations in order to build up a classification and tracking. Creating and streamlining will centralize the data and improve efficiency.
The intern will work directly with existing teams (external R&D and Tech Vitality), IT organization and key project owners worldwide on creating a dynamic database and interface to access all R&D projects. The intern will also have the ability to help streamline existing practices and make improvements.
The intern will have the opportunity to learn about strategic long terms research activities across various global locations and organizations as well as make an impact on how GF accesses research data. The assignment would involve getting exposure to leading edge development projects, interaction with key researchers at GF, coding, database construction and google management.
- BS or MS Student enrolled in an accredited program in Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering , or related fields.
- Experience with G Suite and Google sites or creating websites and other user interfaces
- Experience with software/programming languages
- Excellent academic standing.
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Self-motivated; able to take ownership of assignments, develop work plans and proactively seek feedback to ensure objectives are aligned and met.
- Team player; able to succeed in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
- Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs.
- Semiconductor Process Technology courses / experience
- Electrical engineering courses including RF/mmWave and mixed signal design
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit gfoundries.taleo.net.