GLOBALFOUNDRIES Fab 8 is seeking a highly skilled and motivated Electrical Failure Analysis (EFA) technician to become a part of our team at the state-of-the-art facility in Malta, New York. This is a night shift position, working a compressed week of 12 hour shifts. The position will require proficiency in various failure analysis lab techniques and tooling including:
- Scanning Electron Microscopy (SEM)
- Focused Ion Beam (FIB)
- Chemical Mechanical Polishing
- Chemical Etching (Wet, Reactive Ion Etch (RIE))
- Fault Isolation (Obirch, IR, Photo emission, etc)
- Conduct routine analytical jobs using defined and documented procedures while meeting or exceeding cycle time and quality standards
- Operate a wide variety of failure analysis tools to isolate and image manufacturing defects in order to identify root cause of failure.
- Support various failure modes including logic, memory, and Health of the Line (HOL)
- Learn and develop methodologies to identify complex failure modes on new products and technologies
- Actively participate in team projects and experiments
- Perform basic preventive maintenance activities of analytical equipment and support maintenance activities with vendors as needed.
- Actively participate in continuous improvement processes
- Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs
- Education – High School Diploma or equivalent in a Science, Math, Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Semiconductor Manufacturing or a related discipline or equivalent military training / experience.
- Fluent in English Language – written & verbal
- Ability to work a 12 hour night shift including weekend coverage over a compressed week
- Physical Capacity Demands – Able to follow work and safety procedures for laboratory environment.
- Bachelors in a Science, Math, Engineering, or a related discipline or equivalent military training/experience.
- Prior experience in working in a laboratory environment
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit gfoundries.taleo.net.