As System OEM companies such as the US FAANGs (Facebook, Apple, Amazon, Netflix & Google) and Chinese leaders such as Alibaba, Tencent & Baidu move to designing their own semiconductor content, semiconductor Foundries must be ready to support and respond. We are staffing an all-star team of senior technical staff who can help GLOBALFOUNDRIES build meaningful partnerships with these companies and position GLOBALFOUNDRIES as the semiconductor Foundry of choice.
The Director of Sensor System architecture will provide deep technical consulting in one or more segments of IoT sensing (voice, imaging, human physiological or environmental) identify gaps in the GF roadmap and along with CTO office, develop solutions to close gaps. The ideal candidate will have significant experience architecting sensing systems for consumer products, ideally at one of these target System OEM companies.
Partner and consult with target companies to understand and influence their system architecture goals and provide GLOBALFOUNDRIES semiconductor solutions to enable realization of product performance requirements. This individual must be able to identify the emerging trends or disruptions in system architectures that will drive new requirements, and identify any gaps in GLOBALFOUNDRIES solutions (process technology and IP). If current GLOBALFOUNDRIES offerings do not meet requirements, this individual will partner with GLOBALFOUNDRIES Technology Development and IP ecosystem teams to develop, execute, and deliver a solution to the System OEMs. Serve as GLOBALFOUNDRIES representative in industry standards bodies such as Open Hardware and Connected Home.
- 10 Years of Experience in technology – at least 5 years of experience in product system architecture or design
Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Significant industry contacts and solid network in product development organizations – access and ability to open doors to design teams and decision makers – those that are making the semiconductor technology choices for their designs
- Ability to lead through influence – passion for the industry
- Ability to translate deep technical requirements to product level performance metrics
- Language Fluency in English (Written & Verbal)
- 20% travel will be expected
- Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs
PhD in Electrical Engineering
- 5 Years of Experience with deep understanding of semiconductor process technology choices and implications for product design
- Language Fluency in Mandarin (Written & Verbal)
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit gfoundries.taleo.net.