Date: Feb 22, 2020
Location: Toulon, FR, 83137 Valbonne, FR, 6560
Physic based simulation for optical devices and visual appearance is a fast growing business with many applications ranging from autonomous vehicle to Perceived Quality and Virtual Reality. ANSYS has massively invested in this domain over the past years. Our development teams are composed of highly skilled specialist with expertise in both computer science and physics based optical simulation.
We are looking for an experienced DevOps engineer to support our teams by securing the continuous integration chain and tooling our development activities. You will be the single IT interface for a large number of software development teams and will be responsible for smoothing the delivery of the release for our teams (Quality Insurance, Internal testers, internal customers…).
You will report into the development group and your teammates are located in various geographical location.
As DevOps engineer, you are accountable for:
- Enforcing standard on developers workspace
- Homogeneous process and tools for teams.
- Provide clear and continuously updated metrics to management and teams.
- Securing availability of our continuous integration chain and integrate with the Corporate delivery pipeline.
- Easing regression identification and diagnostic
- Defining and enforcing guidelines.
- Continuous availability of external and internal delivery pipeline.
- Delivering tooling to development teams and accompanying them in their usage.
- Identifying and removing bottleneck in internal process
- Mentoring and supporting teams in efficient testing (unit, integration, non-regression…) practices.
- Providing relevant stakeholders with clear technical documentation
- Anticipating on future needs and technology evolutions (cloud deployment, source control, TFS evolution…)
- Organizing and executing users training on new tools and processes
- Graduated from an engineering school or equivalent (Master of Sciences or PhD in Physics or Computer Science)
- Minimum experience: 5-8 years in a complex environment
- Technical skills: technical culture- and legitimacy: scripting (cmd, bash, powershell, linux), build tools and testing framework, extraction of key performance indicators; you are team player, strong listener and advisor, you have demonstrated teaching skills
- Knowledge of TFS, Git, C++, C# is a plus
- Fluent in English and French
- Degree in Science, Computer Sciences (or equivalent market experience)
- Experience in developing complex software in a distributed environment.
- Experience with SonarQube, NuGets, CMake, Docker
- Knowledge and experience with Visual Studio, Git, Team Foundation Server
- Aptitude for problem-solving, you can demonstrate a strong solution finder mindset
- Agile process experience
- Ability to network using direct (face to face) or indirect (email, phone, social media) technology
- Positive, collaborative, team-oriented professional, you are a solution finder rather than a problem identifier
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit careers.ansys.com.