Website Mentor Graphics
- Work collaboratively as part of a small, geographically distributed development team focused on extending the battery simulation features of STAR-CCM+. Develop and maintain new and existing features in support of the Battery Simulation Module.
- Design, implement and test new features in the theme of battery simulation methods.
- Interpret requirements for new features to create development proposals and prototypes which can be shared and further enhanced with the team.
- Own the software quality of development efforts within this theme and synthesize feedback on the features to continually enhance the product.
- Operate within an agile scrum environment taking appropriate ownership of development tasks and report back on progress and impediments.
- The role is within the Batteries vertical development team within the Technology Application & Verticals Department, which itself is part of the larger Product Development organization. This latter team is tasked with providing three full STAR-CCM+ releases per year all including significant new feature development.
- Lebanon NH shown as preferred location, Austin TX and Melville NY would also work (other offices in US would be considered for the right candidate)
- Build, extend and maintain new and existing battery simulation related features within STAR-CCM+.
- Implementation will involve using best-practices in software development to create high quality, object-oriented software using the C++ and Java programming languages.
- Maintain and improve the existing sizable code base through refactoring to improve quality and address evolving software requirements.
- Interpret market driven requirements to develop feature proposals, design documents & prototypes. Feature design will give consideration to the end user and overall solution workflow to attain the optimal solution.
- Create automated tests within a Java framework to exercise and maintain the quality of new features and ensure comprehensive test coverage of the product.
- Take part in design and code reviews, providing appropriate presentations, supporting materials in support of new ideas, as well as feedback on similar peer work products.
- Work to address problems and bugs as reported from other developers and/or customers.
- Ability to work as part of and to communicate and coordinate within a large geographically distributed development organization.
- Ability to independently understand complex problems and devise efficient, robust solutions on multiple platforms (Windows and Linux).
- Attend regular team meetings, provide status and report on progress of work products.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- MS or Ph. D in Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, or a related discipline.
- 5 years of C++ development experience as part of a medium to large size development team building commercial engineering simulation software.
- A working knowledge of battery science and some familiarity with current simulation methods. Primarily the solutions are focused at lithium ion chemistry, but all forms of battery chemistry are welcomed.
- Working knowledge of engineering simulation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Detail and quality oriented development skills.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Software development in a commercial environment.
- Engineering simulation software experience.
- Client/server architectures.
- Parallel programming experience.
- Java and scripting languages such as Python and Bash.
- Linux and Windows development experience.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit jobs.siemens.com.