GREAT BRITAIN – London
Job Description and Requirements
At Synopsys, we’re at the heart of the innovations that change the way we work and play. Self-driving cars. Artificial Intelligence. The cloud. 5G. The Internet of Things. These breakthroughs are ushering in the Era of Smart Everything. And we’re powering it all with the world’s most advanced technologies for chip design and software security. If you share our passion for innovation, we want to meet you.
Our Software Security and Quality business is all about building secure software—faster. That starts with our static analysis, software composition analysis, and dynamic analysis. So our customers can build security and quality into the DNA of their code at any stage of the software development lifecycle and across the supply chain. All while minimizing risks and maximizing speed of application development.
Associate Consultant – Software Security
Synopsys is looking for Associate Security Consultants to parachute in wherever software insecurity invades, and to stomp out bugs and flaws wherever they hide. As Synopsys engages with clients Associate Security Consultants join in the execution and delivery of planned project deliverables and milestones that assist clients in learning, understanding, and applying Synopsys’s secure software development methodologies. Typical tasks including performing security testing across a range of technologies, services and applications as well as liaising with clients to provide support at various stages of the software development lifecycle. This includes interacting with clients to understand their needs and technical problems to provide bespoke solutions. You will often be responsible for writing analysis results and communicating final reports to clients.
- Web Application Penetration Testing
- Network Security Analysis
- Mobile Device and Application Security
- Source Code Analysis
- Architecture Security Analysis
- Secure Software Design and Architecture
- Application Reverse Engineering
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Security, Engineering or equivalent. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Understand core software security weaknesses and vulnerabilities
- Experience performing web application penetration testing and familiar with the OWASP Top 10
- A grasp of fundamental network security concepts and testing practices
- Comprehension of attack paths and exploitation techniques
- Understand key mobile concepts along with platform specific technologies
- Familiarity with at least one software programming language and the associated frameworks;
- C/C++, C# (.NET, ASP.NET) or Java (Spring)
- Can conduct Source Code Reviews along with industry standard tools
Bonus Subject Matter Experience
- Knowledge of one or more of the below subject areas is considered a plus
- Assembly, Exploit Development, Wireless or Automotive technologies
- Experience conducting Mobile device and application security testing
- Enthusiasm and commitment along with professional interpersonal skills and an entrepreneurial drive
- The ability to professionally communicate clearly with clients, developers and managers
- Undertake and complete tasks independently within schedules and timelines
- Collaborate with project team members, take direction from the project lead and execute tasks consistently
- Written communication skills for use in preparing formal documentation
- Willingness to travel 20-50%
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit sjobs.brassring.com.