Summary of Role: Fab 8 is seeking highly skilled and motivated operators to become part of our state of the art 300mm factory in Malta, New York. These positions will be required to sustain and run the factory floor with primary responsibility of support manufacturing process and production execution. The Wafer Fab Technician position is a shift position (working alternating weeks of three and four 12 hour shifts per week). GLOBALFOUNDRIES is staffing for 4 shifts, with 50% of the positions assigned to the night shift.
- Monitor Time Link Lots and respond to upsets/errors and escalate to AME/PI for resolution
- Manage Auto-2 dispatching for critical time link trigger and target locations
- Responsible for Logical & Physical split execution
- Coordinate Lot and WIP Management along with Module ME
- Schedule and set-up manufacturing tools for preventive maintenance
- Responsible for 5S housekeeping
- Dispatch lot monitoring and respond as needed to resolve upsets/errors
- Improve tool utilization
- Train new team members
- Track critical qualification lots for new tool starts up. Create and update qualification lot trackers for critical tools/process changes.
- Create Module reports for morning meetings as required.
- Track Priority (Rocket/SuperRocket) lots in assigned module
- React to error messages of factory systems and/or equipment and engage AME to resolve
- Track and Identify Bottleneck tools based on WIP Profile and WIP Profile by Route.
- Ensure runpath for tool recovery test wafers including idling required metrology tools and auto-2 dispatch
- Monitor material flow through the manufacturing operations
- Engage AME in case of process interruptions to initiate recovery
- Assist in coordinating manufacturing priorities and achieve goals on a daily basis
- Use standard software applications (MS Office) and specific programs SiView, Space,
- Identify and address potential areas for improvement and optimize tool availability, cycle time, utilization and cost
- Complete all required reporting and documentation
- Monitor, document assigned tool time to plan vs actual ETU performance
- Understand and follow all health, safety, and environmental procedures and requirements
- Actively participate in continuous improvement processes
- Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs
- Education: Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent
- Fluent in English Language – written & verbal
- Physical Capacity Demands –
- Able to perform work in a standing position for majority of a 12 hour shift (excluding breaks)
- Able to lift a minimum of 30 pounds on a periodic basis throughout the shift
- Able to work in a cleanroom environment per semi-conductor protocol/requirements
- Able to wear all required clean room protective clothing and equipment for normal 12 hour shift (excluding breaks)
- Demonstrated ability to operate computer and system interface programs to ensure appropriate computing and analysis of production information
- Demonstrated ability to follow detailed instructions and procedures to complete tasks and required documentation
- Demonstrated work performance in an environment requiring high level of attention to detail and timeliness
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize activities.
- Strong team player with ability to work well within a global team
- Professional work experience / military training / experience / semiconductor experience
- Working knowledge of Statistical Process Control methodologies & systems
- Familiarity with Lean processes & activities and Kaizen teams
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit gfoundries.taleo.net.