Website Mentor Graphics
We are seeking a dynamic and professional technical person, who works well in a multi-tasking fast paced, fun, and friendly environment. In this position you will be focused on pre-sales technical engagements of Tanner products. In this position you will be working closely with customers to demonstrate a mixture of products to solve their analog and mixed-signal design problems.
The Application Engineer is expected to manage multiple customers and issues concurrently, and be very effective at customer relationships. The customer interaction is all level of design engineers as well as first and second level management. The Candidate must align with Account Technical Managers, Technical Account Managers, & Account Managers to exceed quota, as they proactively manage customer accounts to success. Sales support roles include product demonstrations, evaluations, competitive benchmarking, & providing feedback to factory counterparts. The AE plays an active role in account planning and working as part of the account team. The team develops solutions to customer problems based on their insight into the customer needs that ultimately result in revenue growth.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- As an Application Engineer you will be required to support a broad breath of tools to solve complex analog & mixed-signal challenges. The Application Engineer role is to support the Tanner products, and determine the revenue generating possibilities by developing a path to reproducible sales. This role requires a seasoned Electrical Engineer that has knowledge from analog and mixed- signal design and fabrication challenges. The primary objective is to work with customers to determine an optimal flow for their design tool needs.
- Technical representative for Mentor Graphics in general and for the sales and ICDS division in particular, supporting revenue generating activities and promoting Tanner technologies.
- Manage business and technical relationships with Mentor’s existing customer base •Deliver technical presentations and demonstrations to a range of audiences, from users to managers to decision-makers.
- Identify current and emerging design challenges. Connect these challenges with Mentor’s current and emerging technical solutions. Drive market feedback to product development and marketing teams to evolve the next generation of methodologies and solutions.
- Coordinate or lead resources in the sales and product divisions to accomplish above responsibilities.
- Coordinate or lead resources in the sales and product divisions to accomplish above responsibilities
- Experience with Analog/Mixed-Signal IC design, circuit simulation using SPICE, semiconductor device modeling, layout, DRC and LVS verification, and analysis.
- Understanding of physical or electrical characteristics in integrated circuits (IC). Experience with MEMS and Photonics and system-level design is desirable.
- Script programming experience using C, C++, TCL/TK or Python.
- Develop a network of technical relationships at a peer-to-peer level with both our customers and the Product engineering teams • Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Exposure to sales and applications environment is a plus.
- Travel is required.
- Education: B.S.E.E Minimum; M.S.E.E. preferred.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mentor Graphics Corporation
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit jobs.siemens.com.