Summary of Role:
Equipment/Maintenance Technicians sustain and run the fab floor with primary responsibility of resolving equipment and process issues. Technician positions are shift positions working a compressed week of 12-hour shifts. GLOBALFOUNDRIES is a 24/7 manufacturing facility providing technician support across all shifts. This position is for both day and night shift either 6:30am to 7pm or 6:30pm to 7am (night position will train on day shift for first three months then move to night shift schedule).
- Perform preventive maintenance activities on state of the art 300mm semiconductor ETCH equipment
- React to error messages of factory systems and/or equipment
- Review Statistical Process Control charts for process quality and react to Out of Control conditions including defect troubleshooting
- Perform visual inspections (quality check)
- Recover from process and tool interruptions
- Complete all required reporting and documentation
- Actively participate in continuous improvement processes, learning and skills development
- Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs.
- Education: 2 Year Technical/Associates Degree in Science, Math, Engineering, Semi-Conductor Manufacturing or a related discipline or equivalent military training/experience or an additional 2 years of equivalent experience
- Experience: 6 years of relevant experience
- LAM Specific tool knowledge:
- 2+ years working on LAM 2300 V2, E5/E6 platforms (Dielectric/ Conductor).
- Troubleshoot RF related issues.
- Previous wet clean experience.
- Vacuum experience related to our current tool sets.
- Fluency in English Language – written & verbal
- Physical Capacity Demands:
- Able to perform shift work on a 12-hour schedule; including working in a cleanroom environment per semi-conductor industry and GLOBALFOUNDRIES protocol/requirements
- Able to wear all required clean room protective clothing and proper PPE when required throughout a 12 hour shift, excluding breaks
- Able to lift a minimum of 30 pounds on a periodic basis throughout the shift (preventive maintenance) and/or process issues
- Able to perform work in a standing position for majority of a 12 hour shift (excluding breaks)
- Strong technical skills and knowledge of semiconductor processing and process equipment
- Able to operate computer and system interface programs to ensure appropriate computing and analysis of production information
- Able to follow detailed instructions and procedures to complete tasks and required documentation; demonstrate solid work performance in an environment requiring high level of attention to detail and timeliness
- Strong team member, able to work well with a global team, train new team members as needed and other duties as assigned; able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize activities
- Proficiency with software applications: Microsoft Office, Google Suite
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit gfoundries.taleo.net.