Job Description and Requirements
Sr. Applications Engineer, IDE integrations
About the Synopsys Software Integrity Group
Synopsys Software Integrity Group helps organizations build secure, high-quality software, minimizing risks while maximizing speed and productivity. Synopsys, a recognized leader in application security, provides static analysis, software composition analysis, and dynamic analysis solutions that enable teams to quickly find and fix vulnerabilities and defects in proprietary code, open source components, and application behavior. With a combination of industry-leading tools, services, and expertise, only Synopsys helps organizations maximize security and quality in DevSecOps and throughout the software development life cycle.
For more information, go to www.synopsys.com/software
Do you love to code? Do you love solving hard problems and making software easier for people to use? Then this is the job for you!
The Synopsys Desktop team is looking for application developers with experience in Golang and Java/C# to help take our desktop GUI’s to the next level. This includes IDE plugins (like Visual Studio, IntelliJ IDEA, and Eclipse) which integrate with Synopsys’ state-of-the-art analysis products, including Static Analysis and Software Composition Analysis. We are changing the way secure and quality software is delivered. You will be responsible for improving and extending the user interface experience that thousands of developers will use.
The ideal candidate is someone who is experienced with IDE plugin development and design; has strong architecture skills; is passionate about building great developer tools; strives to produce quality code…code isn’t finished until it is tested! enjoys delivering a great user experience that solves real world problems; thrives in a fast-paced team environment.
- Implement features for the Code Sight plugins for multiple IDEs on supported platforms (Windows, MacOS, Linux)
- Investigate and fix product issues reported by customers
- Write unit and/or integration tests for any of your work
- Participate in agile scrum team activities (daily stand ups, sprint planning, retrospectives, backlog grooming)
Enable developers to find critical security vulnerabilities while they are writing code in the IDE
- BSc or MSc in Computer Science or related field/degree
- 5+ years of development experience
- A desire to create an exceptional user experience
- Experience with desktop application development
- Java and/or C# development experience
- Strong object-oriented development and design skills
- Experience with Mac/Windows and/or Linux platforms
- Comfortable using command line
- Working knowledge in multi-threaded programming
- Experience in architecture/design and in writing technical specifications
- Golang development experience
- Background in user interface technologies and design
- Visual Studio, Eclipse and/or IntelliJ plugin development
- Experience using WPF, Swing, SWT, or comparable UI technologies
- Experience with GRPC
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit sjobs.brassring.com.