Date: Feb 19, 2020
Location: Lebanon, NH, US, 3766
ANSYS is the global leader in engineering simulation, helping the world’s most innovative companies deliver radically better products to their customers. By offering the best and broadest portfolio of engineering simulation software, ANSYS helps companies solve the most complex design challenges and engineer products limited only by imagination.
The Software Developer II is responsible for the development of ANSYS CFD product’s core solvers, discretization, solution methodologies, and boundary conditions. The Software Developer II will help to define technical requirements and implementations, and develop products working closely with other team members and ANSYS teams to ensure that the capabilities meet ANSYS strategic needs and our customer requirements. He will also be involved in the maintenance and extension of existing capabilities in order to meet quality goals and evolving application requirements.
The position involves developing, implementing, and maintaining functionality related to the ANSYS CFD solver’s core Numerics and boundary conditions. Responsibilities include:
- Finite volume based CFD code development
- Extend and enhance the core Numerics of the ANSYS CFD solvers to improve their overall speed, accuracy, and robustness
- Improve the robustness and efficiency of our linear equation solvers
- Development and maintenance of boundary conditions in our solvers
In addition, the incumbent will maintain a level of technical excellence in the area of CFD solver technology and boundary conditions for CFD through the evaluation of current literature, participation in technical conferences, publications, and interaction with colleagues in the field. The incumbent may be called upon to provide high-level support to the product support and development staffs, in the area of CFD solver, boundary condition and other physical models.
The incumbent will contribute to all aspects of software development including design, implementation, and documentation and testing. This position requires the ability to work in a geographically distributed development environment and requires excellent communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree with 5 years of experience in engineering, computational science, or applied mathematics or Master’s degree.
- Excellent and demonstrated programming skills in in at least one computer language (preferably C/C++).
- Willingness to learn, take initiative and work in a team-oriented environment
- An advanced degree (MS/MTech/PhD) in engineering or computational science is a plus
- Development experience with pressure based and/or density-based solution methods in CFD
- Development experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Higher-order finite-volume algorithms
- Time-marching schemes
- Solution acceleration techniques including advanced linear-equation solution methods
- Adaption analytics, error estimation
- Numerics on overset meshes
- Familiarity with various aspects of parallel and high-performance computing is a plus
- UNIX/Linux code development. Windows experience is desirable.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit careers.ansys.com.