Summary of Role:
GLOBALFOUNDRIES Fab 8 is seeking a new or recent New College Graduate in the area of Epitaxy Processing. We are hiring Process Engineers to support AME Single Wafer Diffusion/Epitaxy processing. Process Engineers report directly to a functional area module manager in Fab8 in Malta, NY. The primary responsibilities of this position are to develop and/or optimize unit processes in order to meet the overall technology roadmap and device performance requirements for 14nm technology node and beyond, to transfer technology and prepare it for mass volume production, and to conduct equipment evaluations with major semiconductor vendors.
- Support process and technology transfer from development and production ramp.
- Improve process capability/defect reduction/throughput improvement for high volume manufacturing using statistical process control, DOE techniques, data driven decision making and systematic problem solving skills. Use lean manufacturing and six sigma processes.
- Participate in troubleshooting taskforces as needed and help develop solutions that prevent recurrence
- Support Integration team and Quality organization to ensure technology meet the qualification and reliability requirements.
- Support the efforts of the internal technology development team.
- Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs
- BS degree in Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or other relevant engineering discipline is required
- 2 years of Semiconductor Process engineering experience in Diffusion/Epitaxy.
- Experience in advanced technology (14nm or below) is strongly preferred.
- Experience with design of experiment techniques and data analysis
- Excellent interpersonal skills, energetic and self-starter
- Demonstrated ability to work well within a global cross functional team or environment
- Outstanding communication skills – both written and verbal
- Demonstrated ability to communicate well with all levels of the organization and experience in working with external constituencies
- Strong organizational skills; demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and able to react to shifting priorities to meet business needs
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and commitments
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit gfoundries.taleo.net.