Summary of Role:
GLOBALFOUNDRIES Fab 10 is seeking a highly motivated & versatile Unit Process Engineer in East Fishkill, New York. The main responsibility of this position is to develop leading edge & novel wafer level packaging processes working with state-of-the art tooling platforms as well as drive associated materials development. The scope of activities cover developing material, process and tooling refinements by working closely with the larger technical GLOBALFOUNDRIES team and with external vendors to advance the state-of-the-art of the packaging technology.
WORK LOCATION: Your initial and temporary work location will be East Fishkill, NY. You agree that as a condition of your initial and ongoing employment with GlobalFoundries, you must relocate to another GlobaFoundries location (TBD) by the corporately-aligned date which will be on or around December 2021. Notwithstanding the foregoing, you understand and agree that your employment will be at-will in all respects
- Process development concentrating on driving advancements in wafer level packaging technology by working with the key technical experts within GLOBALFOUNDRIES Advanced Si Packaging Development team.
- Develop deep expertise in the processes, materials and tooling leveraging available characterization resources. Drive mechanistic understanding of failure modes
- Drive process schemes to continuously improve yields and to reduce cycle-time & costs. Generate IP related to novel interconnect techniques.
- Execute program plans as related to optical interconnects to enable early product prototyping and qualification
- Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Engineering, Materials Science or Related Discipline
- 2 or More Years of Demonstrated Relevant Technical Experience
- Travel – 10%
- Fluent in English (Written & Verbal)
- Masters of Science and or PhD Degree in Engineering, Materials Science or Related Discipline
- Experience in wafer level packaging
- Experience in semiconductor manufacturing
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit gfoundries.taleo.net.