Website Siemens EDA
This position is located in Charlotte, NC.
The Senior Manager – Infrastructure Engineering heads the Development Operations team within the R&D organization of the Manufacturing Operations Management business segment. This position is responsible for driving strategy, methodology, and technology, as well as promoting principles and practices.
The Senior Manager – Infrastructure Engineering works with subject matter experts across the Agile Program, Application Lifecycle Management, and Test Automation Development team to design, implement, and operate platforms and frameworks in support of cloud and on-premises products and solutions.
- Manage distributed teams of full-stack, quality, and infrastructure engineers across locations and time zones.
- Act as Product Owner for Scrum Teams responsible for platform and framework delivery.
- Promote principles, practices, and methodologies across product and provider teams.
- Implement and support Dev/Ops for cloud and on-premises enterprise software.
- Select technologies, frameworks, and tools for Dev/Ops platforms and frameworks.
- Design, implement, deploy, document, and operate Dev/Ops platforms and frameworks.
- Report project status on platform and framework development efforts.
- Drive Continuous Build, Integration, Delivery, Deployment and Operations
- Reports operations metrics on platform, product, and solution status.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Minimum of 7+ years in development of commercial enterprise software.
- Minimum of 5+ years in implementing and supporting CI/CD and operations.
- Minimum of 3+ years in testing and test automation of complex software applications.
- Minimum of 3+ years working in a Scrum Agile environment as a functional team member.
- Expert knowledge of Continuous Integration, Delivery, and Deployment practices.
- Knowledge of security practices throughout development and delivery process.
- Strong analytical skills, passion for technical work, and a desire to work with others.
- Hands-on experience with programming and scripting languages (C#, PowerShell).
- Experience with virtualization, containerization, and orchestration (VMware, Docker, K8s).
- Good knowledge of SQL and database technology and concepts (Oracle/SQL Server).
- Experience with ALM and SM solutions (Polarion, Team Foundation Server/DevOps Server, GIT, NuGet, Artifactory).
- Familiarity with a variety of software testing tools (Quality Center, LoadRunner, Quick-Test-Pro, Microsoft Test Manager, Load Test, Coded UI, Cucumber).
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Engineering or related field is required.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
- Knowledge of next generation virtualization, containerization and orchestration solutions.
- Knowledge of cloud solutions including Amazon Web Services and related technologies.
- Domain knowledge in manufacturing operations, preferably in regulated industries.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit jobs.siemens.com.