Date: Apr 17, 2020
Location: Darmstadt, DE, 64283 Otterfing, DE, 80331 Daresbury, GB, WA4 Hannover, DE, 30159 Weimar, DE, 99423 Milton Park, GB, OX14 Montigny-le-Bretonneux, FR, 78180 Sheffield, GB, S1 Abingdon, GB, OX13 5JB Berlin, DE, 10115 Bracknell, GB, RG12 Horsham, GB, RH12 Munich, DE, 80331 Paris, FR, 78180 Stuttgart, DE, 70173 Cambridge, GB, CB1
ANSYS is the global leader in engineering simulation, helping the world’s most innovative companies deliver radically better products to their customers. By offering the best and broadest portfolio of engineering simulation software, ANSYS helps companies solve the most complex design challenges and engineer products limited only by imagination.
The (Senior/Lead) Application Engineer is responsible for leveraging expert-level engineering knowledge and relationships to support regional accounts with significant impact on software revenue, as well as for helping customers to solve complex engineering problems using ANSYS software products. This position is mainly focused on multibody dynamics, especially for automotive applicaions. This role provides technical pre-sales support throughout the entire sales process, post-sales support to customers and includes active participation to consulting projects. The ability to research problems and find solutions to wide variety of problems is paramount. Position is a key member of a positive, dynamic team of engineers committed to solving complex customer issues.
- Lead in coordinating and executing all technical activities throughout the sales opportunity such as customer meetings and product presentations, demonstrations and evaluations
- Work independently to analyze technical needs, requirements, and state of a customers’ current infrastructure, operations, and engineering workflows
- Create and demonstrate simulation solutions to streamline customer workflows, in support of the software sales process; sales cycle/process will be broad and complex in nature
- Interact with customers to help diagnose issues, as well as research and find solutions to a wide variety of large scope, complex problems, in order to improve customers’ productivity and satisfaction with ANSYS products
- Personally own the customer support experience, practice active listening skills and respond positively to situations requiring cooperation, courtesy and tact
- Collaborate with product development to improve ANSYS products and the customers’ experience using these products
- Participate in internal corporate initiatives to further enhance the solution suites, presales/sales enablement and professional growth; actively participate in the development and mentoring of team members
- Instruct intermediate and/or advanced training classes on the usage of ANSYS simulation products
- Create elegant and useful solutions to solve complex problems by working across various teams and understanding the needs of our customers
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical engineering or other technical discipline
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in an engineering software environment or as an engineer in the automotive industry
- Demonstrated use of relevant software or knowledge of other commercial CAE, CAD software packages for multibody dynamics (MSC ADAMS…) and finite element analysis (ANSYS, Nastran, Abaqus…). Knowledge of systems simulation a plus.
- Demonstrated experience in multibody dynamics in the automotive industry
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to facilitate and conduct webinars and presentations to customers
- Ability to interact effectively with senior business managers and C-level executives
- Demonstrated skills in writing and presenting in fluent English
- Logical problem-solving approach and the ability to clearly communicate the situation and proposed solution to the customer
- Projects a professional image and strong business acumen during customer interactions
- Possesses a sense of urgency, strong organizational and follow up skills
- MS or PhD degree preferred
- Ability to travel up to 40%
- Fluent in English, plus at least one more European language like French or German
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit careers.ansys.com.