USA – California – Mountain View/Sunnyvale, USA – California – San Francisco
Job Description and Requirements
At Synopsys, we’re at the heart of the innovations that change the way we work and play. Self-driving cars. Artificial Intelligence. The cloud. 5G. The Internet of Things. These breakthroughs are ushering in the Era of Smart Everything. And we’re powering it all with the world’s most advanced technologies for chip design and software security. If you share our passion for innovation, we want to meet you.
Our Software Security and Quality business is all about building secure software—faster. That starts with our static analysis, software composition analysis, and dynamic analysis so our customers can build security and quality into the DNA of their code at any stage of the software development lifecycle and across the supply chain. All while minimizing risks and maximizing speed of application development.
We are looking for a Senior Cloud Engineer to join our team.
Does this sound like a good role for you?
Synopsys is seeking a Sr Cloud Engineer who will be responsible for designing, analyzing, debugging, and implementing cloud solutions and support on the Synopsys public cloud infrastructure. This position will primarily focus on AWS and GCP with a high objective of improving the Synopsys cloud security posture. This role will work closely with R&D, engineering, and DevOps teams. You will be responsible for collaborating globally with Synopsys IT functional groups and providing leadership on efforts for various IT activities related to the Synopsys Engineering environment. The Sr Cloud Engineer will be responsible for automation, IAM policies, security, virtual machines, S3 buckets, and all things related to cloud infrastructure. You will focus on standards for deployments and security controls with a strong focus on hardening the cloud infrastructure and enhancing the current security posture. If you are seeking a collaborative and supportive environment that supports your learning and development of new technologies, then we would like for you to join our team!
•Manage public cloud infrastructure on AWS and GCP
•Participate in hybrid cloud deployments
• Perform ongoing performance tuning and resource optimization as required
• Automate account and project deployments on AWS and GCP with Terraform or Cloud Formation Templates
• Manage alerting and monitoring of cloud environments with a focus on reducing alerts and determining root cause
• Review security groups and firewalls to minimize attack vectors
• Manage IAM policies and single sign-on with Okta
• Participate in auditing and security assessments of public cloud
• Develop standards and controls for cloud governance
• Adhere to operational and change management procedures
• Identify and implement process improvements, utilizing Agile principles
• Create, maintain, document, and implement standards for all operational procedures in public cloud
• Record and document incident requests per the Production IT Service Desk procedure
• Resolve incidents and complete work orders in a timely and courteous manner
• Involvement in team architectural discussions working within the company at large, including non-technical stakeholders
• Working directly with key vendors to complete projects and troubleshoot issues
• Develop, enhance, and maintain orchestration and automation, especially related to infrastructure as code.
• Capable of managing multiple projects and delivering on-time results
• Define and communicate production requirements with team and stakeholders
• Participate in technology evaluations, standards and strategy committees, and continuous process improvement
• Shared 24/7 on-call responsibilities
• Ability and willingness to work some off-hour shifts with a flexible schedule in addition to on-call rotation
• 5+ years of experience in managing AWS or GCP
• Advanced knowledge of access keys, IAM, and cloud framework
• Good understanding of networking technologies, cloud load balancers, and firewalls
• Experience with common DevOps tools such as Git, Ansible, Puppet, Jenkins, Harness, etc.
• Experience in at least two scripting languages such as Bash, Python, Perl, or PowerShell
• Knowledge of infrastructure services like LDAP, Active Directory, DNS, SMTP etc. Experience with service monitoring and messaging tools like Nagios, Spectrum, etc.
• Hands on experience in AWS & GCP provisioning of systems, maintaining security and access management
• Container and Kubernetes experience preferred
• Working knowledge of CI/CD tools and basic administration skills of Jira & Confluence
• Experience working in a fast-paced environment
• Experience supporting a public facing and internal customers
• Able to work independently with limited supervision
• Attention to detail; works tasks to completion, taking full ownership of the outcome
• Ability to manage projects to completion
Education and Certifications
• Bachelors or master’s degree in Computer Science or technology related field
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit sjobs.brassring.com.