Date: May 29, 2020
Location: Cambridge, GB, CB1 7EG
Ansys is the global leader in engineering simulation, helping the world’s most innovative companies deliver radically better products to their customers. By offering the best and broadest portfolio of engineering simulation software, Ansys helps companies solve the most complex design challenges and engineer products limited only by imagination.
We make great software that our users love. You’ll be the technical leader of a small team, working with a product owner to develop and drive our flagship Ansys GRANTA MI software product, used by world-leading companies such as Airbus, Boeing, Ethicon Surgical Care, General Motors, Jaguar Land Rover, NASA, Philips, Rolls Royce & Universities across the globe. We are passionate about creating software to the best of our ability and work hard to understand our users’ needs, working with autonomy but collaboratively on all aspects from initial UI design through to testing.
What our developers do
We mostly develop in C# on Visual Studio or Rider, and provide all developers with an MSDN subscription and a ReSharper license. We have a no-blame peer review culture, via GitHub pull requests, with the aim of encouraging excellence, improvement and learning.
We work closely with product owners to define features and priorities, allowing us to get involved in understanding our customer needs and balancing them against development costs. We use Agile processes and have daily stand-ups and regular retrospectives to keep us honest and transparent. We take continuous improvement seriously: everyone’s opinion is valid and listened to. We use JIRA to host a Kanban board, and show key metrics and our TeamCity build status on a team radiator.
Find out more about our products here: https://www.ansys.com/products/materials
What you will work on
Some of the things you might be doing:
- Developing innovative new ways for customers to interact with their Materials data
- Building robust back-end solutions to enable customers to manage their Materials databases
- Optimising the application to satisfy the rapid growth of information stored in MI
- Evolving the product suite to keep pace with the changing needs of our clients
We value a range of skills. The ideal candidate will have some or all of the following:
- Extensive development experience with C# and the .NET framework and good knowledge of .NET libraries and frameworks, including idiomatic usage
- The ability to make effective use of debugging, diagnostic and profiling tools to build efficient software
- The analytical skills to effectively resolve technical problems with simple solutions and be able to build consensus around those solutions
- Effective written and verbal communication, presentation skills and attention to detail
- Proficiency in refactoring, including techniques to develop and extend legacy code
- Customer focus and a good awareness of software usability issues
- Expertise in the optimized use of SQL Server in an application environment
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit careers.ansys.com.