Date: Apr 17, 2020
Location: Holon, IL, 58100
Ansys is the global leader in engineering simulation, helping the world’s most innovative companies deliver radically better products to their customers. By offering the best and broadest portfolio of engineering simulation software, Ansys helps companies solve the most complex design challenges and engineer products limited only by imagination.
The Strategic Account Manager (SAM) is primarily responsible for meeting sales – new business as well as run rate – and growth targets set for the assigned accounts by developing and implementing specific plans to fulfil ANSYS’ visions for the customers, and enabling success for them – productivity, innovation, top and bottom-line growth. SAM has two key roles – to act as a consultant to the customers and a strategist within ANSYS. SAM must understand customer environment, their business priorities, their business and technical needs, build and present a solution vision and gain executive-level sponsorship, develop and propose appropriate solutions, gain the purchasing commitment and manage the ongoing business relationship with the customers. Some of these steps will be performed by leveraging the account team and collaborating with direct/indirect remote sites.
Meet new business, run rate and services quota goals for the assigned accounts
- Formulate strategies for building and growing the accounts and maximize their potential value to ANSYS
- Develop, maintain and implement account plans that contain strategies and action plans for maximizing account revenues
- Collaborate with the account team, product specialists, other functions within ANSYS, remote (direct/indirect) sites, and business partners to ensure a synergistic, companywide approach to the account
- Research, gather, analyze, maintain and disseminate information about the accounts; develop exceptional knowledge of the customer and competitors and be well versed in the customer’s problems, KPIs, goals, needs, and issues – including the biases and concerns of individual decision-makers and key influencers
- Systematically build relationships with members of the customer’s power base in an effort to achieve strategically status, and within ANSYS (BUs, Marketing, Support, Finance and Legal) to garner support; be the customer advocate inside ANSYS and ensure that the customer receives the appropriate amount of management attention and added value whenever possible
- Position ANSYS for prime opportunities by preselling its capabilities and solutions (solution vision) and gathering information that will help make ANSYS’ approach better (and distinctive) than those from competitors
- Oversee solution development and deliver (with help from account team and support function) compelling customer presentations; help create proposals/offers that represent maximum value to the customer and fair price for ANSYS; ensure that proposals address customer’s key issues, needs, and requirements, and align well their KPIs, Critical Success Factors, and KPIs
- Facilitate contract negotiations and achieve a win for both sides
- Provide accurate forecasts for new, renewal business, and services; maintain a healthy pipeline to meet goals
- Monitor customer satisfaction and communicate customer concerns to account team, sales management, BUs and to others who serve the customer; communicate ANSYS commitment to the customer and manage customer expectations
- Facilitate future business with the customer and seek out and help the customer define new opportunities and applications where ANSYS offerings can be applied; be a facilitator and ensure that the right people in both organizations get together for activities such as management review board (MRB); schedule training, seminars, info days to enhance new business opportunities
- Remain knowledgeable and keep abreast of ANSYS new and existing products/services to facilitate sales efforts; alert customer to new or improved products/services
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline or bachelor’s degree with technical sales experience
- Minimum 5 years sales experience, at least 2 years as a senior/key/named account manager, with a proven track record of success
- Demonstrated basic understanding of PLM, embedded systems or engineering simulation space
- Excellent communication (including at executive level), organizational skills and the ability to work collaboratively
- Minimum travel of 25%
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit careers.ansys.com.