Job Description and Requirements
Security Services Associate Consultant
Position Type: Full Time
Synopsys is looking for a full-time Security Services Associate Consultant to parachute in wherever software insecurity invades, and to stomp out bugs and flaws wherever they hide.
About Synopsys Software Integrity Group (SIG)
Synopsys Software Integrity Group helps organizations build secure, high-quality software, minimizing risks while maximizing speed and productivity. Synopsys, a recognized leader in application security, provides static analysis, software composition analysis, and dynamic analysis solutions that enable teams to quickly find and fix vulnerabilities and defects in proprietary code, open source components, and application behavior. With a combination of industry-leading tools, services, and expertise, only Synopsys helps organizations maximize security and quality in DevSecOps and throughout the software development life cycle.
As Synopsys engages with clients in the application of our software security improvement methodologies, the Security Services Associate Consultant joins in the execution and delivery of planned project deliverables and milestones that assist clients in learning, understanding, and applying Synopsys’s secure software development methodologies. You will be responsible for applying software engineering skills to assist teams in the completion of client engagements. You will employ sound communication skills interacting with clients to understand problems and provide solutions. Typical tasks span activities include translating client security requirements, conducting penetration testing and vulnerability assessments of applications, and/or networks, source code analysis and delivery of detailed written results in sections of final reports as part of deliverables to clients.
• Web Application Security Analysis
• Network Security Analysis
• Mobile Security Analysis
• Source Code Analysis
• Application Reverse Engineering
• Threat Modelling
Qualifications and Experience
• Familiarity with software security weakness and vulnerability
• Familiarity with industry security standards
• Familiarity with at least one security tool like Burp, Zap, Nmap, Wireshark etc.,
• Familiarity with software attacks and exploitation techniques a plus
• Familiarity with at least one software programming language and framework a plus
• Experience conducting secure code review a plus
• Experience conducting reverse engineering a plus
• Experience performing web application penetration testing a plus
• Ability to interface with clients, utilizing consulting and negotiating skills
• Ability to undertake and complete tasks independently, meet schedules and delivery timelines, and to move swiftly from concepts and theory to action
• Ability to collaborate with project team members, take direction from the project lead and execute tasks consistently
• Written communication skills for use in preparing formal documentation
• Verbal skills that include the ability to clearly articulate thoughts and to deliver presentations
• Ability to persuade
• Enthusiasm and commitment along with professional interpersonal skills and an entrepreneurial drive
• Willingness to travel 10-20%
Education and Certifications
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent. Master’s Degree preferred.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit sjobs.brassring.com.