Website Siemens EDA
Organization: Mentor Graphics (Deutschland) GmbH
Type: Full time / permanent
Join our team as “Field Application Engineer (m/f/d) – SISW” in Munich, Germany.
The Field Application Engineer manages multiple customer engagements concurrently and must be very effective at customer relationships. This customer interface is not only at the engineering level, but first or second level management, as well. The position owner must align closely with Account Managers to help them meet and exceed quotas, as they proactively manage customer accounts to success. This could include account planning and developing solutions to customer problems, ultimately resulting in revenue. Success involves working as a team with sales, marketing, and R&D organizations.
Your new area of responsibility – challenging and future-oriented
As Field Application Engineer you are responsible for successfully driving Mentor’s Solido products into customers’ design and verification flows. This position combines technical depth in custom IC simulation, as well as strong communication skills and an appreciation for the business value delivered by electronic design automation software. This includes, but is not limited to, the following activities:
- Execute both pre-sale and post-sale technical support activities including assessment of how company products meet customer needs and the preparation of product specifications for development such as installation of customized applications/solutions
- Illustrate the value Mentor brings to customers by assisting them in their evaluations of Mentor’s Solido software with developing and delivering software demonstrations and technical presentations as well as performing benchmark evaluations for customers
- Work closely with area sales management, account teams and customers to understand business opportunities
- Drive business for Mentor, using technical expertise and working directly with customers as a part of sales team at the appropriate management level to establish criteria for successful engagements
- Assist technical teams, including the factory, to establish value for Mentor products and differentiate from the competition
- Contribute towards the area technical sales plan with management and communicate frequently with peers and management on progress and account status
- Provide pre-sale technical support in sales presentations and product demonstrations
- Establish and maintain lines of communication with Mentor R&D on customer feedback and requests
- Work with marketing and product managers to define new products and provide insight from the field back to these groups
Your qualifications – solid and adequate
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Electrical Engineering or related field is required. A Master’s degree is preferred
- Multiple years of experience in electronic design automation
- Broad understanding of custom IC design methodologies and flows across analog, memory, and standard cell design
- Proven ability to map software capabilities to application-specific requirements
- Track record of exceptional customer relationships
- Experience working with the Cadence Virtuoso environment
- Experience with custom circuit simulators such as Spectre, HSPICE, Eldo, AFS, etc.
- Strong working ability in a Linux/Unix command-line environment and scripting ability
- Strong oral and written communication such as presentation skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit jobs.siemens-info.com.