Alphawave IP builds industry-leading wired connectivity solutions that enable data to travel faster, more reliably, and with higher performance at lower power. Our technology is embedded in leading-edge semiconductors built to power global network and computer systems. It is an essential part of the core infrastructure enabling next generation services in data centres, artificial intelligence, 5G wireless infrastructure, data networking, autonomous vehicles, and solid-state storage.
We’re looking for the dreamweavers of tomorrow.
The Alphawave IP team combines technologists from different disciplines who come together with a shared passion for electronics, software, and communication technology. We look for individuals with a deep desire to build great products and we value collaboration, curiosity, and a commitment to solving hard problems.
What You’ll Do
- Provide technical guidance and direction to junior staff members
- Work closely with highly experienced hardware design, systems design, design verification, and validation teams
- Develop world-class embedded software for current and next generation Alphawave IP products
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s in computer science or Electrical/Computer Engineering or Engineering Science
- 2+ years of experience is required
- Work experience with one or more: firmware, low-level programming, bare-metal programming, embedded software programming, hardware debug
- Strong programming skills in C/C++ or Python
- Close familiarity with computer architecture, comfortable working with hardware
It’d Be Amazing If You Had
- Experience working with algorithms, data structures, or software development
- Experience working with microcontrollers (ARM, RISC-V)
- Knowledge of digital simulation tools for waveform debugging (VCS, Verdi)
- Masters/PhD in Computer Science or Electrical/Computer Engineering or Engineering Science
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to listen to and appreciate ideas and opinions that differ from yours
- Extremely detail oriented
- Superb analytical and problem-solving skills
- Drives for consistency
- Takes personal pride in high standard of outputs
- Self-motivated and self-managing
Diversity & Inclusivity
Alphawave IP is based out of one of the most diverse countries in the world. This includes differences related to race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender expression and presentation, sexual orientation, religion, age, ability and socioeconomic status. To us, diversity is one our strongest assets to our organization. We commit ourselves to promoting the recognition and appreciation of our diverse and rich culture. We believe that it is critical to our success to promote freedom of thought and opinion in a respectful environment. The decisions we make are rooted by respectfully considering each other’s thoughts and opinions and by working towards a greater common goal, saving lives.
Alphawave IP is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals, including visible minorities, Indigenous People, and persons with disabilities. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. If as a qualified job applicant, you request accommodation, Alphawave IP will consult with you to provide reasonable accommodations according to your specific needs. If you wish to make a request, you will be provided an opportunity if your application is selected to proceed in our hiring process.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit careers.awaveip.com.