Job ID #: 18472
Job Category: Software Engineering
Employment Type: Experienced Professionals
Division: Central Engineering – CPU
Department: Central Engineering – CPU Engineering
Primary Country: UK
Primary Location: Cambridge
Do you have a passion for CPUs or Microarchitecture? As CPU Benchmarking Engineer, your role consists of creating, modifying, characterising and running workloads to assess the performance of A & R-class processors and cache systems.You will work in collaboration with other Cambridge based engineering teams, directly contributing to the micro-architectural investigations and definition of Arm’s next generation processors.If you are fascinated by the internal functioning of CPUs and their performance, we would like to hear from you. This is a phenomenal opportunity to be part of a world-beating CPU performance optimization team. The position is highly visible and has potential for leadership, so whether you are ready for your first career move, or you are an experienced professional looking to lead or mentor a team, we can build a role that will suit you!
Education & Qualifications
Good university degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science, Electronic Engineering, or another appropriate field.
Essential Skills & Experience
- You have software development experience with ‘C’ and some knowledge of low level assembler programming languages
- You understand CPU architecture and micro-architecture features (such as caches, MMU, SMP, coherency, CPU pipelines)
- You have worked in a benchmarking or performance analysis role and have some understanding of the effects of processor microarchitecture on system performance.
Desirable Skills & Experience
- CPU Performance analysis
- CPU benchmarking using industry standard benchmarks
- Compilers and code generation
- CPU or System modelling
- Python and Perl scripting
- Arm assembly language
- Hardware emulators
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit careers.peopleclick.com.