Website Flex Logix
Flex Logix is the leading provider of reconfigurable computing technology for both AI inference and eFPGA IP solutions. Our offerings push the leading edge of hardware, software and system design; pioneering new approaches to important problems.
- Our InferX X1 is the industry’s most-efficient AI edge inference accelerator that brings AI to the masses in high-volume applications by providing a new silicon efficient dynamic logic paradigm for inference processing. InferX achieves GPU-level inference performance with a fraction of the die area and memory footprint.
- Our EFLX embedded FPGA (eFPGA) IP enables any SOC design to flexibly handle changing protocols, standards, algorithms, and customer requirements and enables reconfigurable accelerators that speeds key workloads up to 1000x compared to a general purpose processor. EFLX eFPGA is available in a wide range of process technologies and supports designs ranging from low cost microcontrollers to 5G baseband processing solutions.
Flex-Logix Inference Software team is looking for Applications engineer or Software engineer, ideally with an EDA background. You will serve as an internal application engineer between its Softlogic group (Verilog generation and optimization) and its EFLX compiler (primarily place-and-route technology). The position will report to the Senior Director of FPGA Technology. The successful applicant will serve as a bridge between the two groups and as an ambassador for the backend technology (these groups) to the customer application engineering group. As such, the position offers great upward growth potential, including direct paths into either software or hardware engineering, customer application engineering, or management.
As senior EDA application engineer, you will be the bridge between the Verilog and Place and Route teams, and from those groups to the rest of Flex Logix. You will work at the application level to understand the performance of Flex Logix’s backend solutions, provide ideas and suggestions to the backend team to improve performance, debug applications that are failing, and pinpoint areas of improvement for the backend team. In order to perform these responsibilities, you will need to develop a reasonably deep understanding of backend eFPGA implementation as well as a user level understanding of neural network applications. Some specific examples of things you will be responsible for include.
- Collaborating with the applications, softlogic, architecture, and compiler teams to determine low-latency, high-throughput schemes for executing neural networks on our ML accelerator.
- Understanding low level operator/algorithm implementation and developing APIs to invoke individual operators at the graph level.
- Making minor modifications to operator/algorithm implementations.
- Devising unit tests for new deep learning models.
- Evaluating the performance of the neural network on silicon.
- Designing and developing supporting libraries that run some neural network operators on CPUs.
- Diagnosing and fixing performance and integration issues across the software stack using simulators and hardware.
- Reasonably proficient in Verilog and understanding general FPGA implementation.
- Excellent communication skills, and the ability to support internal and external customers of eFPGA backend technology.
- BS/MSEE/CE/CS with a minimum of 2 years of experience in software support.
- Experience debugging Verilog or SystemVerilog RTL designs.
- Experience in debugging and maintaining SystemVerilog test-benches.
- Experience in debugging gate-level timing simulations.
- Experience in maintaining scripts and automation framework for test regressions.
Strongly desired skills and experience include
- Knowledge of eFPGA architecture.
- Knowledge of Digital Designs.
- Knowledge of Software architecture and place and route algorithms.
- Familiarity with C/C++ coding.
- Familiarity with SystemVerilog RTL coding.
- Familiarity with scripting in Python or Perl.
We are looking for passionate team members, to be part of an aggressive, venture-backed startup team that is changing chip architecture. Must be entrepreneurial, innovative problem solver, willing to work hard and have fun.
As we continue to grow and expand our company, we are hiring for all office locations. You must live near one of our main offices located in: Mountain View (CA), Austin (TX), Chicago (IL) or Vancouver (BC). We offer a flexible work schedule.
You must have US citizenship or permanent residency (“green card”) or hold a current H1-B visa to work in United States.
Flex Logix recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit flex-logix.com.