To maintain and control the wastewater treatment system to ensure environmental compliance with all local, state, and federal laws without major interruptions.
- Ensure the efficient and optimum operations of the industrial effluent and reverse osmosis water treatment system.
- To respond and conduct industrial effluent treatment process control and monitoring effectively and efficiently and suggest any improvement.
- To conduct periodic checks and routine inspection to treatment processes according to the system recommendation and checklist.
- To troubleshoot treatment processes failure promptly. Under urgent cases, the person shall be required to work outside normal hours.
- To conduct regeneration to ion exchanger package of water treatment as per standard procedure to ensure resin in the vessel completely regeneration.
- To conduct backwash to multimedia filter and activated carbon filter as per standard procedure to ensure the media and carbon in the vessel completely backwash.
- Monitor and perform day-to-day treatment system operation with SCADA and site data logging.
- Ensure all treatment processes operating and perform as per operation need, cost effectively, safely and efficiently.
- Report treatment processes performance and monitor the sequence of operation in accordance with the approved treatment process control specification.
- Ensure the work is performed in accordance with the specifications and approved procedures.
- To conduct COD, SS, turbidity, pH, nickel test at in house lab. To conduct jar test and pilot column test at in house lab as and when required.
- To conduct filter clothes cleaning when required.
- To comply with all company policies, procedure and standards.
- To perform related duties as directed.
- To manage the biological pond condition.
- Special projects; as and when instructed by Management on any plant operation issue.
- Adheres to all Samtec Quality Principles and actions
“The responsibilities as defined are intended to serve as a general guideline for this position. Associates may be asked to perform additional tasks depending on strengths and capabilities”
- Minimum 3 year experiences in industrial effluent treatment system operation consist of chemical treatment package, ion exchanger package, multimedia filtration system, activated carbon filtration system and dewatering system (filter press & decanter).
- Minimum 3 year experiences in reverse osmosis water system operation consist of multimedia filtration system, activated carbon filtration system, double pass RO system, and ion exchanger package.
- Experience in DOE Std.A final effluent discharge industrial effluent treatment system is preferred.
- Experience in ion exchanger regeneration with acid sulfuric and hydrochloric acid for weak acid cation resin and strong acid cation resin is preferred.
- Experience in operation of industrial effluent treatment system control by SCADA is preferred.
- Experience in membrane cleaning and resin replacement is preferred.
- High school, Certificate/Diploma in Mechanical / Electrical or others engineering is preferred.