About the role
We are searching for a passionate and experienced Verification Engineer to join the Architecture and Technology team at the Arm Austin Design Center. As an engineer on the Verification Enablement team, you will collaborate with senior members of processor design verification teams within and outside of Arm to provide tools to verify next-generation microprocessors. You will work alongside RIS tool developers to define, develop, and improve processor verification infrastructure and methods to support the latest innovations in CPU architecture and microarchitecture.
This position requires a solid understanding of computer architecture and organization, including common microarchitectural structures and optimization techniques, memory hierarchy, virtualization, and architecture-level security concepts. Qualified candidates looking for an environment in which to make a meaningful contribution, collaborate with a dedicated and creative team, and develop innovative top-level verification technologies to ensure the highest quality products are encouraged to apply.
If you are a design verification engineer who would like to step back and look at verification strategies more globally, this job may be for you.
What will I be accountable for?
- Developing test templates for the Raven random test generator, to exercise and stress architectural and microarchitectural features of Arm CPU designs
- Crafting strategies to improve the scope and reach of our testing methodologies
- Working with design and verification teams to define testing scenarios and developing tests to cover those scenarios
- Contributing ideas to improve the Raven product
Skills, experience and qualifications
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or other relevant technical discipline
- 2+ years’ experience in working in a design verification environment with simulation testbenches and RTL code
- Experience in writing/debugging assembly-based tests
- Solid understanding of computer architecture fundamentals
- Experience with scripting languages (preferably Python or Perl)
- Experience with a hardware verification language (System Verilog)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize work and manage multiple projects
- Experience with instruction driven verification of processors based on CPU Assembly or C/C++
- Experience with Arm architecture
You will be working on the forefront of Machine Learning technology at Arm. Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our sophisticated, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
Arm Core Beliefs
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual has the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is essential, share it
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength – widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and be responsible for your own progress
Be your brilliant self
- Be your brilliant self, be quirky not egocentric, recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
With offices around the world, Arm is full of diverse, dedicated, creative and hard-working engineers. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we support our people to share their contributions to Arm’s success in the global marketplace.
Arm is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. We are a diverse organization of dedicated and innovative individuals, and don’t discriminate on the basis of any characteristic.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit careers.arm.com.