If you have a smartphone, digital camera, digital TV, gaming console or a smart meter at home, you’ve already used an ARM Powered product. Over 900 ARM Powered chips are produced every second and over 200 billion ARM technology-based chips have been shipped to date, making us the world’s leading Intellectual Property (IP) semiconductor supplier.
The System IP teams in Sheffield and Manchester are growing rapidly.
The role of the Systems group is to create the IP that complements our traditional CPU products to drive the development of the next generation of compute solutions for every area of technology, from mobile phones, to servers, to autonomous vehicles!
As part of the larger System IP team, the Verification IP (VIP) team use software design methodologies and principles to architect and build tools and environments used for the verification of our hardware IP products. The VIP team has responsibility for delivering and supporting re-useable, reliable, correct, consistent and documented VIP to all the Arm hardware design teams spread across the world.
We ensure compatibility between remotely designed components by focussing on the correctness of the interfaces between them.
This means that we have an international internal customer base requiring regular support and improvements to all VIP tools.
To achieve this, we deploy various industry standard methodologies based on UVM, Formal and constrained random coverage-based techniques.
Our Verification IP engineers have responsibility for the architecting, authoring and testing of our suite of VIP as well as offering training and support or our products across the business. We work closely with the ARM architects in the definition of new interface protocol, providing input on the verifiability of various approaches, by providing a prototyping and modelling environment for system level communication.
As an engineer in the team you will:
- Develop, extend, maintain and improve our stack of UVM tools
- Work collaboratively with other teams to understand requirements and support issues
- Give training and mentorship on VIP usage
- Work on identifying areas of improvement to our tools and our development methodologies
- Engage with Project Management on planning tasks, setting schedules and milestones and supervising the progress against committed schedules
- Mentor other junior members of the team as needed to enable the successful completion of project activities.
Good university degree (or equivalent) in Electronics or Computer Science or related subject.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Ability to demonstrate experience in architecting and coding UVM or OVM verification components
- Experience of object-oriented design and programming
- Experience of class based SystemVerilog design
- Constrained-random coverage driven verification using SystemVerilog
- Excellent communication and written skills in English
- Professional approach to work
- Flair for lateral thinking and problem solving
- Self-motivated and willing to accept new challenges
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Good understanding of AMBA protocols particularly cache coherent protocols
- Formal verification
- Perl, Python or other scripting language
Arm is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. We are a diverse organization of dedicated and innovative individuals, and don’t discriminate on the basis of any characteristic.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit careers.arm.com.