Summary / Role Purpose
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Design Development:
Collaborate with cross-functional teams to conceptualize and create user-centric designs for both web and mobile applications.
Use Python-based tools to develop interactive prototypes to gather user feedback and iterate on design solutions.
- User Research:
Understand Ansys customer needs and conduct user research to understand requirements, preferences, and pain points. Analyze findings and integrate insights into design decisions.
- Python Integration:
Work closely with the development team to integrate UI/UX designs into Python applications, collaborating on tools like GitHub to ensure seamless functionality and task tracking.
Informally present design work to stakeholders, within and outside of the team, as part of rapid iterative design process. Deliver internal and external facing workshops, webinars, and seminars to educate on design principles or decisions.
Stay updated with the latest UI/UX trends, tools, and best practices.
Minimum Education/Certification Requirements and Experience
- BS in Design, Computer Science or related field with at least 2 years of commercial experience in software development using object-oriented languages like Python. BS+2 or Masters
- Basic knowledge of UI/UX design principles and methodologies.
- Familiarity with Python and Python-based UI frameworks.
- Experience with Git version control system for collaborative and organized development.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- A good understanding of HTML and CSS can be beneficial to ensure designs are feasible and to communicate more effectively with developers.
- Experience in using tools like Graphism, Figma, Adobe XD, Sketch, and InVision to visualize designs before they are developed.
- Some familiarity with Blender software, including its functionalities and workflows.
- Proven experience with Ansys software and PyAnsys.
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
- Ability to travel as required.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit careers.ansys.com.