CAREER INTERVIEW DAY – July 28th (NIGHT SHIFT OFFERS 12.5% SHIFT DIFFERENTIAL)
EAST FISHKILL SUMMER CAREER FAIRS:
Talent Expansion – Career Interviewing Days, these events are by invitation only. The 3 upcoming events will be held on July 28th, August 25th and September 29th, all Thursdays.
GlobalFoundries is a leading full-service semiconductor foundry providing a unique combination of design, development, and fabrication services to some of the world’s most inspired technology companies. With a global manufacturing footprint spanning three continents, GlobalFoundries makes possible the technologies and systems that transform industries and give customers the power to shape their markets. For more information, visit www.gf.com.
Summary of Role:
GF is looking to hire multiple Equipment Technicians to support East Fishkill’s Fab10 growing Manufacturing site. No experience with semiconductor equipment needed; will train on the job. Opportunity for growth and advancement for the right candidate who enjoys learning, building their skillset, and helping to improve our equipment performance.
Equipment/Maintenance Technicians sustain and run the fab floor with primary responsibility of resolving equipment and process issues. Technician positions are shift positions working a compressed week of 12-hour shifts. GlobalFoundries is a 24/7 manufacturing facility providing technician support across all shifts.
Essential Responsibilities include:
- Monitor, control, and qualify state of the art 300mm semiconductor equipment
- Perform basic preventive maintenance activities
- React to error messages of factory systems and/or equipment
- Process wafers using defined procedures
- Review Statistical Process Control charts for process quality and react to Out of Control conditions including defect troubleshooting
- Perform visual inspections (quality check)
- Recover from process and tool interruptions
- Identify and address potential areas for improvement and optimize tool availability, cycle time, utilization and cost
- Complete all required reporting and documentation
- Understand and follow all health, safety, and environmental procedures and requirements
- Actively participate in continuous improvement processes, learning and skills development
- Strong team member, able to work well with a local and global team to complete duties as assigned
- Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs.
- Education – High School Diploma
- Experience – 0-2 years of technical experience
- Travel – 0% to 10%
- Fluency in English Language – written & verbal
- Physical Capacity Demands – Able to perform shift work on a 12-hour shift schedule, including working in a cleanroom environment per semi-conductor industry and GlobalFoundries protocol/requirements. Able to wear all required clean room protective clothing and equipment throughout a 12-hour day (excluding breaks). Able to lift a minimum of 30 pounds on a periodic basis throughout the shift (preventive maintenance) and/or process issues. Able to perform work in a standing position for majority of a 12-hour shift (excluding breaks)
- Strong “hands on” technical skills
- Self-motivated and results-oriented team player with excellent communication skills
- Able to operate computer and system interface programs
- Able to follow detailed instructions and procedures to complete tasks and required documentation; demonstrate solid work performance in an environment requiring high level of attention to detail and timeliness
- Proficiency with software applications: Microsoft Office, Google Suite
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit gfoundries.taleo.net.