Our R&D team is growing as we expand our processor portfolio and look to address more application areas. As a technical writer, you will be responsible for ensuring that the technical documentation of our Codasip products is clear, correct, easy to use, and ultimately helps our customers succeed with our unique processor design automation technology and RISC-V processors. This is an experienced role within the company where you will be collaborating with Product, R&D, and Field Application Engineers to deliver best-in-class documentation.
While Codasip is headquartered in Europe, our approach and culture are typical of Silicon Valley, meaning that we value prudent risk-taking and “out of the box” thinking. We are a well-funded start-up poised for dynamic growth based on our leading-edge product portfolio.
RISC-V is a revolutionary technology in the semiconductor industry. This role will have a high impact and visibility at Codasip and in the growing RISC-V world.
Main responsibilities include:
- Planning and leading documentation projects to ensure timely delivery to customers.
- Creating, editing, publishing, and maintaining technical documents to support our growing Codasip product portfolio.
- Collaborating with engineering teams to craft high-quality and accurate technical content, and working with Subject Matter Experts to continuously improve the content that matches customer needs.
- Conducting peer reviews to ensure consistency and accuracy across all our documentation.
- Contributing to our company writing style guide and establishing authoring best practices and processes.
Core Skills and Competencies Required for the Technical Writer position:
Communication & Collaboration
- Excellent English spoken communication skills
- Strong social skills and a passion for connecting with people
- Ability to communicate progress and status updates to stakeholders
- Excellent English written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to translate complex concepts into useful information for the end-user
- Understanding the principles of content reuse, single sourcing, and conditional profiling
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to prioritize your work to meet deadlines
- Passion for learning new things
- Good understanding of processors to grasp and document highly technical concepts
Experience and Qualification:
- Degree in Technical Communication, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or similar
- Solid experience in writing for a technical audience
- Hands-on skills with version control (SVN, Git)
- Background in HTML/XML
- Some experience with a CMS and DITA is a plus.
Codasip was founded on a simple belief – that we could bring together the brilliance of microprocessor architects and software engineers and capture it in tools that made design simpler, faster, and less expensive. STUDIO was born in 2014 with the mission of democratizing processor design. We are succeeding. At the same time, RISC-V was gaining traction, so it was natural for Codasip to embrace it as an Open Instruction Set Architecture (ISA).
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit codasip.bamboohr.com.