Reporting to: TSMC’s Internal Audit function reports to the Chairman and the Audit Committee of the Board
Role: TSMC’s Internal Audit function is an independent unit that reports directly to the Board of Directors. Besides informing the Board during its ordinary meetings, it briefs the Chairman, the Board Audit Committee, and the Operating Committee on a quarterly and on as needed basis.
The charter of Internal Audit is to review the internal controls in the company’s processes and to report on those controls with respect to the adequacy, effectiveness, and efficiency of their design as well as their actual functioning on a day-to-day basis. All parts of the company and its subsidiaries are open for review by Internal Audit.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Lead or participate in as a member for audit projects throughout the entire project cycle from risk assessment to final audit finding communication as well as periodic follow-up on improvement status, if any
- Lead or participate in as a member for organizational capability establishment activities. Examples include data analytics and application, risk universe update, enriching the depth and breadth of each transaction cycle, drafting re-useable audit procedures, training materials development, etc
- Facilitate cross-functional internal control enhancement project if/when appropriate
- Conduct training related to internal control, risk assessment, etc
- Coordinate company-wide activities such as annual Control Self-Assessment, streamlining policy/procedure/SOP, internal control maturity assessment, and Internal Control Champion (ICC) program
- Special assignments as they arise
- BA/MA in Accounting/Finance
- Professional certificate such as CPA, CIA, CISSP, CISA and/or CFE would be a plus
- Advanced degree from an English speaking country would be a plus
- Proficient in written/verbal communication skills in English from shop-floor to the board level is a plus
- Familiar with Japanese in writing/verbal communication is a plus
- 8+ years of working experiences relevance, including minimum 4 years from big 4 CPA firms
- Having working experiences in semiconductor industry is a plus
- The intellectual capacity to master new subject domains and climb steep learning curve on a regular basis
- Having the drive, diligence, endurance, and tenacity for impactful business results
- Good project management skills; ability to lead, facilitate, and follow in a strong teamwork environment; sound judgment when facing ambiguity
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit tsmc.taleo.net.