Perforce develops DevOps tools that improve software quality and security as well as team productivity for several of the world’s leading companies, such as PIXAR, CD Projekt Red, NASA, Verizon, Honda, and NVIDIA.
Puppet by Perforce is a values-driven global company that believes deeply in a people-first perspective — we might be in tech, but it’s not only about tech. We empower our users with mission-critical automation software that gives them back their time so that they can focus on the most important things in their lives. Automation unlocks the ability for IT operations teams to scale infrastructure at the largest companies in the world — and to do it securely, compliantly, and continuously.
Puppet by Perforce is seeking a Technical Account Manager (TAM) to join the US Customer Success team and work alongside the best DevOps Engineers in the industry. Puppet’s IT automation software enables system administrators to deliver the operational agility and efficiency of cloud computing at enterprise-class service levels, scaling from a handful of nodes in the cloud to tens of thousands on premise.
As a senior-level engineer, TAMs own the technical health and customer success of the Puppet Enterprise solution. The TAM leverages technical and business expertise to build relationships, guiding customers to improved efficiency and dollar savings. The TAM serves as the customer’s main point of technical contact post-installation, working with customers to build a roadmap for future business success using Puppet Enterprise.
The joint journey of the TAM and customer is multifaceted and includes determining training needs; communicating and advocating on behalf of the customer throughout the Puppet by Perforce organization and ultimately sharing in the success and growth of both organizations.
- An Undergraduate in Computer Science/IT/Engineering or equivalent gained elsewhere.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to adapt messaging to varying stakeholder levels
- A collaborative and team-focused mindset, with a willingness to approach new situations
- Loves customers and takes personal pride and ownership to make them successful
- Unix &/or Linux SysAdmin or DevOps background, including:
- Programming skills (Ruby, Python, etc)
- Unix and/or Linux SysAdmin, including automation
- Experience with some of the following technologies:
- Git and git-based version control
- Public and Private Clouds (AWS, Azure, Openstack, VMware, Kubernetes, GCP)
- Continuous Integration (Jenkins, Bamboo, or others)
- Passionate about problem solving and have a background that includes debugging and troubleshooting
- Maintains a constructive and composed focus facing and overcoming tough situations.
- Credible inside and outside of Puppet due to skills, knowledge and ability to communicate cross functionally and at different levels within an organization
- Strong consultative skills that guide and influence decisions
- The ability to work in an international, fast-growing environment
- The ability to understand and embrace DevOps and its impact in the computing world
- Partners productively with support engineers to troubleshoot and diagnose customer problems
- Advocates for customers and product quality within the development and product management organization
- Exceptionally flexible and can context switch without disrupting a positive disposition.
- Knowledge of data center management, systems management, and monitoring, networking & security
- Large scale infrastructure experience
- Experience working in the software development or CI/CD domains
- Experience in customer sales/service
- Windows administration experience, including Microsoft PowerShell
- Knowledge and understanding of DevOps culture
- Understanding of Salesforce or other Sales management platforms
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit www.perforce.com.