Summary / Role Purpose
The Technical Account Manager (TAM) functions as a true partner to our customers by listening to their needs and developing a deep working knowledge of their goals, key business initiatives, technical challenges and infrastructure configurations to deliver an outstanding experience. The TAM works closely with the Enterprise Account Manager (EAM) to identify opportunities that will expand Ansys’ footprint, plan and prioritize the necessary technical activities to achieve the account growth plan. These activities span positioning of all Ansys products and include co-ordination with presales, technical support, consulting, training, as well as interfacing with the Ansys development and marketing teams.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish a long term and sustainable relationship with the assigned accounts, by aligning Ansys’ solutions with the client’s key business initiatives; the Technical Account Manager is viewed by the customer as their Single Point of contact for all technical activities
- Work collaboratively with the EAM, identify the necessary strategic long term and short term technical activities worldwide to achieve the overall sales goals with the agreement of the customer; procure the required resources worldwide from the Regional Technical, Training and Consulting teams to execute the activity
- Advanced professional role, focus on select account(s), primary point of contact for all technical engagements, expertise in mapping customer technical requirements to Ansys solutions in an industry vertical
- Work with the EAM to leverage proper technical resources to assist in the effort to expand the Ansys footprint; identify areas of opportunity at the account to displace competition, add products, add users and expand globally.
- Review all technical support activities and work with the local support managers to ensure follow-up and coaching for technical staff to ensure the quality goals are met
- Ensure a close connection between the team and Ansys Development for effective response to all defects and enhancement requests
- Support account-based marketing strategy to drive technology proliferation campaigns including adoption and deployment
- Participate and contribute to field-factory interlock on Ansys product enhancement and competitive solution positioning
- Lead opportunity qualification & drive technical campaigns for complex engagements, advise on market sizing initiatives
- Lead account-based marketing strategy, drive technology deployment & adoption including partner solutions
Minimum Education/Certification Requirements and Experience
- Required education and degree type: BS or MS or PhD in Aerospace Engineering or related field.
- Required minimum years of professional experience in an engineering software environment: BS+8, MS+6, or PhD+3
- Demonstrated use of relevant Ansys software or knowledge of other commercial CAE, CAD, EDA, PLM software packages
- Demonstrated understanding of System Engineering, Model Based System Engineering, and Mission engineering analysis.
- Demonstrated understanding of Ansys products, technology and how these tools are used in aerospace and defense; ability to understand, represent and effectively communicate all technical activities associated with the account across all physics and product lines.
- Logical problem-solving, strong interpersonal and communication skills, fluent in writing and speaking English
- Strong organizational and time management skills, possesses a sense of urgency
- Project a professional image and demonstrates business acumen, driven to succeed
- Ability to travel domestically up to 25% of time.
- Demonstrated ability to foster collaboration and coordination with personal distributed across multiple global sites
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- Preferred education and years of professional experience in an engineering software environment: BS+12, MS+10, or PhD+7
- 4 years of experience in project engineering, systems engineering, application engineering, or consulting services type.
- Ability to interact effectively with senior business managers and C-level executives
- Ability to travel domestically up to 50% of time
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit careers.ansys.com.