Job ID #: 15964
Job Category: Hardware Engineering
Employment Type: Experienced Professionals
Division: Central Engineering – CPU
Department: Central Engineering – CPU Engineering
Primary Country: UK
Primary Location: Cambridge
ARM’s verification engineers continuously push the boundaries of what is possible with simulation, formal and emulation tools to produce industry-leading CPU IP. If working at the cutting edge of technology in a world-class team sounds like an interesting challenge then a role as an ARM Verification Engineer is for you.
The CPU team in Cambridge has produced some of the company’s most successful products with processors designed by this group being shipped in billions of designs in use around the world today, from smartphones and tablets to AI applications, IOT and automotive systems. This team has been responsible for developing processors from high-end A-class parts such as the Cortex-A53, one of ARM’s first 64 bit processors, and the recently-announced DynamIQ technology (providing safe, fast and efficient complex data processing for AI) to R-class real-time processors such as Cortex-R52, ARM’s most advanced processor for safety, and microcontrollers in the M-class series such as the Cortex-M0+ and Cortex-M33.
This role will be based at ARM’s Head Quarters in Cambridge, UK.
For this role we are looking for a Verification Engineer who can contribute to all phases of the verification flow. This includes:
- Ownership of a specific area of a CPU project ranging from unit-level testbench development through to the overall verification methodology for a CPU project.
- Responsibility for producing test plans and verification strategies.
- Plan, track and coordinate the tasks of you or your team to meet high quality goals at the planned time
- Ensure the quality of the verification work done is of the expected standard
- Be part of verification improvement strategies across the CPU group and the wider ARM verification community
- Evaluate and determine causality of different issues throughout the verification process per project.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Experience of designing and implementing verification environments for complex RTL designs
- Well-versed in the use of hardware verification languages e.g. SystemVerilog or Specman ‘e’
- Understanding of end-to-end verification processes, from test plan creation through to verification closure
- Ability to quickly understand and apply complex specification detail
- Understanding of the fundamentals of computer architecture, with an emphasis on pipelining, exception handling, memory systems,
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Verification methodologies such as UVM
- Practical experience of working on microprocessor designs
- In-depth understanding of memory protection, memory translation, vector processing in CPUs, exception and interrupt handling.
- Understanding of constrained random stimulus, the goals and general usefulness of different types of coverage in hardware, as well as checking methodologies and behavioural functional models.
- Knowledge of assembly language (preferably ARM), and/or C/C++
- In-depth technical reviewing of others’ work
With offices around the world, ARM is a diverse organisation of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling a vibrant, inclusive, meritocratic, and open workplace, where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to ARM’s success in the global marketplace.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit careers.peopleclick.com.