We have a fantastic opportunity for a motivated and enthusiastic Staff Physical Design Engineer who has a passion for all things digital design to join and grow our tightly integrated team. As an experienced senior member of the team, you will be expected to collaborate and guide the Physical implementation design team and be encouraged to use your initiative to empower you to do a better job and progress your career in the way that you want. You will be responsible for block development and possibly full chip responsibility from RTL to GDS.
What you will be doing
- Using your abilities with many tools and your expertise in one or two. Examples of which are: Synthesis, PnR, Formal verification, Custom layout techniques, Analog simulation and Chip finishing
- Evaluating issues and defining solutions as part of a team
- Broadening your cross disciplinary knowledge through new assignments
- Driving creative, dynamic projects with little guidance and have the ability to work independently
- Solving problems of moderate complexity maintaining a high quality in your work
- Interacting and collaborating with the more experienced team members to resolve challenging problems
- Contributing to technical white papers
- You may contribute to sales support as part of a team
What you will bring
- A degree/masters or PhD in relevant subject
- Minimum of 5 years’ experienceOne or more of the following skills:
- PnR using either Synopsys ICC, Cadence EDI, Mentor Olympus
- Synthesis using either Synopsys DC or Cadence RC
- Experience of Formailty or Formalpro
- Experience of Mentor Calibre or Synopsys IC Validator
- The capability to problem solve with an ability to lead or be part of a physical implementation team
- Ability to take secondments abroad for 3-6 months
- Advanced knowledge of a single sub-function OR thorough knowledge of multiple sub-functions
- Tcl, Perl and or Python
Who you are
- An excellent leader with great communication, organisation and time management skills
- A strong problem solver who is able to embrace new challenges and work under pressure
- Have excellent attention to detail and ability to respond to changing priorities quickly
- You are self-motivated and proactive in your approach
- Passionate about all things technology and digital design
- You’re able to work under own initiative as well as in a collaborative team
Where you will work
We have offices in both Theale and Bristol. Our Headquarters is based in Theale where you will be located around plenty of country pubs in the area, golf courses, fishing lakes, good cycle and walking routes. Our Bristol office is modern, open plan complex located by the intersection of the M4 and M5.https://www.sondrel.com/careers/where-were-hiring/bristol-uk
At Sondrel we are encouraged to think differently, take on innovate and challenging projects and we’re trusted to make independent decisions to progress our own careers in the way that we want. We pride ourselves on being specialists in what we do, collaborative in our approach and we’re hugely passionate about driving the technology for SoC design.
We have teams across the globe which means there is opportunity for both domestic and international travel and the chance to network with some of the most highly skilled and knowledgeable engineers in the industry. Sondrel allows you to enjoy your work by having an autonomous environment built on trust, dependability and integrity as well as having a hybrid work environment catered to individual needs.
As we continue to grow, we are looking for bright individuals who are proactive in what they do, enjoy a challenge and have a desire for continuous learning experiences because, at Sondrel, no two days are ever the same.
What you get
- Competitive salary
- Company pension scheme
- Discretionary annual company bonus
- 25 days paid annual holiday + bank holidays
- Hybrid, flexible work arrangements
- Opportunity for career progression with quarterly reviews
- Continuous training with online training platform
- Opportunity to travel both domestically and internationally
Sondrel are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We recruit people from varied backgrounds because it makes our team stronger, and we provide an inclusive workplace because growing in partnership is what makes our team great. We do our best to provide fair opportunities to everyone and we want to hear what you need to grow with us.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit www.sondrel.com.