Arm’s Machine Learning group in Cambridge is hiring! Would you like to help analyse and improve the future of Machine Learning?
We are looking for a software engineer with a strong analytical mindset to join the team and investigate neural network and software library performance on smartphones and other computing platforms.
About this role
As a member of the ML System Analysis team you will lead performance analysis investigations to gain insights and help influence the direction of Machine Learning software. We work in small teams, so your contributions will make a difference.
You will engage with specialists across Arm, including software and systems teams to understand, explore and challenge the limits of performance capabilities.
- Build and run performance tests on recent mobile phones and development boards.
- Analyse and understand workloads, systems and performance expectations.
- Produce technical summaries for a range of audiences, based on detailed analysis and interpretation of results.
- Share knowledge and influence others, both within ML Group and wider across Arm.
The successful engineer will be highly flexible, quick to learn and be motivated by the opportunity to understand and improve the performance of future Machine Learning solutions using Arm technology.
What technical skills, experience and qualifications do I need?
- Software development experience in Python (essential).
- Desire to create, deploy and maintain relevant test configurations (essential).
- Passion for analysis and improvement (essential).
- Data analysis and visualisation, for example Jupyter Notebooks (differentiating).
- Practical knowledge of factors which influence device performance (differentiating).
- University degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science, Electronic Engineering or a related field.
What interpersonal skills do I need?
- Capable of working both in teams and independently.
- High degree of initiative and a confident problem solver.
- Fluent in English language, both written and spoken.
- Good communicator, ability to work as part of a team, and able to work and communicate at a detailed or high level.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit careers.arm.com.