Job Description and Requirements
The primary focus of the Verification Applications Engineer is to support the sales and adoption of the Synopsys functional verification products. Applications Engineers are expected to possess in-depth knowledge of design for verification languages and methodologies. They are expected to be able to articulate how to apply such techniques as Low Power, System Verilog Assertions, XPROP, constrained random stimulus and coverage to full chip verification. Applications Engineers are responsible for both pre-sales and post-sales technical activities. Pre-Sales role includes product demonstrations, evaluations, and competitive benchmarking. Post-sales role include training, problem resolution, and technical account management. Applications Engineers also work directly with customers to assist with the deployment of design for verification methodologies. Applications Engineers are expected to participate in account planning, where they work as part of the account team to develop the Synopsys solution to customer problems by bringing their understanding of customers’ needs and issues. They must be able to interact effectively with end-users and management at customer sites.
- BS in CS/EE with 12+ years of experience in functional verification. Verification experience should include ASIC verification using industry-standard verification languages (SystemVerilog/e).
- Solid understanding of design for verification methodologies (UVM/VMM/OVM).
- Excellent verbal and written presentation/communication skills.
- Customer sensitivity, the ability to multiplex many issues & set priorities, and the desire to help customers exploit new technologies.
- The ability to understand and explain related technical issues, thorough knowledge of Synopsys verification tools, and all associated languages and methodologies.
- Excellent customer interface, communication and planning skills.
- The ability to lead and manage complex tasks to achieve timely completion consistent with program schedule and cost constraints.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit sjobs.brassring.com.