GlobalFoundries is a leading full-service semiconductor foundry providing a unique combination of design, development, and fabrication services to some of the world’s most inspired technology companies. With a global manufacturing footprint spanning three continents, GlobalFoundries makes possible the technologies and systems that transform industries and give customers the power to shape their markets. For more information, visit www.gf.com.
Summary of Role:
GlobalFoundries Fab 8 is seeking highly skilled, experienced and motivated Process Engineering Manager to lead the Litho Process Engineering Sustaining Team engaged in advanced technology at GlobalFoundries state of the art 300mm wafer fab (Fab8) in Malta, New York.
First line process engineering management position in charge of Lithography process sustaining team. The team is responsible for delivering required CD & Overlay performance across all technology nodes, using various automated controls methods and algorithms. The team is composed of both engineers and technicians on an E shift or other assigned schedule. This team works closely with Track & Scanner technicians & engineers, Integration, and technology development on improving Cp/Cpk, developing new processes and introducing new products. The team contributes significantly to cost reduction activities through rework rate improvements, tool deployment and process optimization
Essential Responsibilities Include:
- Review daily goals/priorities, project status, and qualification timelines and ensure appropriate actions to resolve open issues
- Establish and execute specific module plans and strategies to support the fab to achieve manufacturing KPIs. These include cycle time, line yield, and OEE (overall equipment efficiency)
- Establish process capability and ensure technical results and program needs in conjunction with fab operations, other engineering groups and Suppliers
- Define robust processes for the engineering teams to execute technical evaluation of competing process solutions against defined requirements and guidelines.
- Coordinate engineering activities to meet manufacturing objectives and technology milestones
- Lead continuous improvement projects to optimize processes with regards to process stability and wafer yield.Identify ways to control costs while sustaining and improving operational systems for Fab operation.
- Participate in Continuous Improvement programs and follow Lean Manufacturing practices in the department to improve productivity and cost effectiveness.
- Carry out incident, accident and non-conformity investigations as needed
- Manage team resources effectively to support customer delivery and quality requirements
- Address all personnel issues according company policy and agreements
- Manage time and attendance within company procedures
- Carry out incident, accident and non-conformity investigations and associated reporting and action closure
- Complete performance evaluations and career development plans
- Motivate and coach the team to operational and technical success
- Monitor the completion of tasks and ensure good performance and documentation on appropriate systems
- Consistently promote high standards through personal example and roll out through the team so that each member of the team understands the standards and behaviors expected of them
- Communicate Fab status, strategy, and KPIs from the strategic annual plan so that each employee is aware
- Ensure KPIs are met and maintained by working to, updating, and reporting out on the overall game plan
- Establish a work environment characterized by mutual trust and respect, open and honest communications, teamwork and a passion for winning
- Collaborate with support functions to fully define the processes, procedures, and controls relevant to the team’s activities. Provide support and input to continuous improvement activities within the team
- Liaise and communicate with other departments to ensure an effective, respectful interface is maintained
- Feedback to the management team to share ideas on: improving operations, defining and executing continuous improvement activities, and improving business processes to achieve business objectives consistent with company and customer requirements
- Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs
- BS degree in Chemical, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering, Materials Science, Solid State Physics or other relevant engineering or science discipline
- Minimum 6-7 years of hands on experience in semiconductor FAB processing
- Strong overall knowledge of semiconductor technologies and processes
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills, and the ability to interface with and influence a broad range of stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and able to react to shifting priorities to meet business need
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and commitments
- MS degree in Chemical, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering, Materials Science, Solid State Physics or other relevant engineering or science discipline
- 3 years of people leadership experience in semiconductor manufacturing or related industry
- Knowledge of semiconductor process development for Lithography
- Experience with advanced process control methodologies in semiconductor manufacturing
- Demonstrated ability to influence interdisciplinary projects
- Demonstrated ability to build strong, working relationships outside the organization with external partners
- Project management experience is highly desired
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit gfoundries.taleo.net.