The Alphawave IP team combines technologists from different disciplines who come together with a shared passion for electronics, software, and communication technology. We look for individuals with a deep desire to build great products and we value collaboration, curiosity, and a commitment to solving hard problems.
We are looking for a general software engineer to help scale our software engineering and embedded/firmware engineering organization. This is a cross functional role that will touch on various domains up and down the software stack — from bare metal C programming and compilers up to front end development of regression and visualization dashboards for our Silicon Engineering Team. You will help with everything from debugging and analysis tools, to methodologies, to infrastructure related to validating our production silicon.
- Prototype, design, and implement continuous integration (CI) system components to automate and test software releases to end users
- Document technical and design decisions for other team members
- Working knowledge of Git best practices for software development
- Experience building in both a windows and linux environment
- Knowledge of backend servers and how to utilize / build APIs (Python Flask/FastAPI) or other messaging type services (ex. JSONRPC, ZeroMQ, etc)
- Familiarity with command line programming and bash scripting
- Knowledge of basic computer architecture concepts
- Building web dashboards and cross platform GUIs for debug and analysis purposes (React / Angular)
- Provide technical guidance and direction to junior staff members
What You’ll Need
- Strong programming skills in Python
- Comfortable working with Unix and shell environments (bash, zsh, etc)
- Bachelors in Computer Science or Electrical/Computer Engineering or Engineering Science
- 2+ years of experience in infrastructure development, build and release automation, continuous integration and deployment preferred
It’d Be Amazing If You Had
- Familiarity with computer architecture
- Comfortable working with hardware
- 4+ years of experience working with algorithms, data structures, or software development
- Masters/PhD in Computer Science or Electrical/Computer Engineering or Engineering Science
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to listen to and appreciate ideas and opinions that differ from yours
- Extremely detail oriented
- Superb analytical and problem-solving skills
- Drives for consistency
- Takes personal pride in high standard of outputs
- Self-motivated and self-managing
Diversity & Inclusivity
Alphawave IP is based out of one of the most diverse countries in the world. This includes differences related to race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender expression and presentation, sexual orientation, religion, age, ability and socioeconomic status. To us, diversity is one our strongest assets to our organization. We commit ourselves to promoting the recognition and appreciation of our diverse and rich culture. We believe that it is critical to our success to promote freedom of thought and opinion in a respectful environment. The decisions we make are rooted by respectfully considering each other’s thoughts and opinions and by working towards a greater common goal, saving lives.
Alphawave IP is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals, including visible minorities, Indigenous People, and persons with disabilities. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. If as a qualified job applicant, you request accommodation, Alphawave IP will consult with you to provide reasonable accommodations according to your specific needs. If you wish to make a request, you will be provided an opportunity if your application is selected to proceed in our hiring process.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit careers.awaveip.com.