Date: Jun 20, 2020
Location: Horsham, GB, RH12 2RG
Ansys is the global leader in engineering simulation, helping the world’s most innovative companies deliver radically better products to their customers. By offering the best and broadest portfolio of engineering simulation software, Ansys helps companies solve the most complex design challenges and engineer products limited only by imagination.
What is ANSYS Discovery?
ANSYS Discovery is a new product suite that pushes past the traditional barriers of engineering simulation for the design engineer. Discovery Live provides instantatneous 3D simulation, tightly integrated with direct geometry modeling, to enable interactive design exploration and rapid product innovation. It is an interactive experience in which you can manipulate geometry, materials and physics, and instantly see changes in performance. Discovery AIM combines intuitive guided workflows, accurate simulation results, and optimization in a complete simulation tool.
What are the role and the key responsibilities?
The Software Developer role entails designing and implementing new infrastructure, features, and user experience for the ANSYS Discovery Suite. The successful candidate will join a development team that is responsible for bringing new ideas and features to life, producing an immersive and intuitive user experience, and seeing the product through all stages of the software development lifecycle. They can expect to work closely with product management, UX designers, and testers in a dynamic environment. There will be focus on delivering a high quality product, in which optimization and system integration are key factors.
JOB MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in a science, technology, engineering, or mathematics (STEM) discipline
- Minimum 2 years professional development experience
- Strong understanding of C#/.NET
- Previous UI development experience, including working with MVVM and MVC patterns
- Experience with Windows Presentation Foundation, PRISM, multi-threading, LINQ
- Understanding of entire development process, including specification, documentation and quality assurance.
- Experience with Visual Studio, Git, Team Foundation Server, and/or C++
- Code-level experience with computer-aided design & engineering concepts