Website Siemens EDA
The Energy Engineer conducts facility site visits, analyzes the customer’s current situation, and produces plans for Facility Improvement Measures (FIMs). This position also assists sales and operations in the development, procurement, and execution of performance contracts. Why is this so important? Our Smart Buildings help to create efficient, safe, responsive, and responsible environments. Our aim isn’t just about improving buildings, it’s about creating perfect places that improve people’s lives.
As an Energy Engineer, you will:
- Perform and lead existing building commissioning and perform and supervise preliminary and detailed facility audits to identify Facility Improvement Measures (FIMs) and opportunities.
- Participate in pre-sale activities, working closely with Sales to identify and technically qualify customer opportunities for energy efficiency and work with Siemens operations teams and outside vendors as it pertains to developing FIMs.
- Analyze blueprints and perform site surveys to identify mechanical, electrical, and control systems to determine facility operational characteristics and apply building energy simulation programs to develop energy, cooling, and heating load-building models using modeling software.
- Perform industry-standard energy calculations (such as weather-based BIN calculations) and develop design concepts and schematics concerning recommended FIMs, including the scope of work descriptions, sequences of operations, code deficiency evaluations, savings potential, cost estimates, and data to verify FIMs.
- Prepare financial models including Return on Investment (ROI), life cycle costs, and internal rate of return and work collaboratively with our Digital Service Team on Smart Building solutions, as part of Siemens Digitalization Strategy.
You will make in impact with these qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Engineering or related technical field
- 3+ years Energy industry experience supporting performance-based projects or energy services
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Legally authorized to work in the United States on a continual and permanent basis without company sponsorship
- Must be 18 years of age and possess a valid driver’s license with limited violations
- This position may support Siemens customer that requires all employees and vendors to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 where permitted by applicable law and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons
- Commissioning Professional certification
- Energy Manager or Professional Engineer certification
- Experience with standard ASHRAE energy calculations
- Experience or familiarity with City of Los Angeles surrounding areas and Building Tune Up Program or Energy Audits
- 6+ Years of experience with Energy industry experiences supporting performance-based projects or energy services
You’ll benefit from:
- Siemens offers a variety of health and wellness benefits to our employees. Details regarding our benefits can be found here: https://www.benefitsquickstart.com/siemens/index.html
- The pay range for this position is $65,300 – $111,900 and the annual incentive target is 5% of the base salary (incentive target applicable to mid-level only). The actual wage offered may be lower or higher depending on budget and candidate experience, knowledge, skills, qualifications, and premium geographic location.