Website Siemens EDA
The Service Project Manager (SPM) is responsible for coordinating and managing all aspects of assigned ATS and switchgear mod and startup on-site service projects for Russelectric, A Siemens company. Working directly with the Customer, Russelectric Field Operations Manager(s), and Field Service Engineers, the SPM drives safe execution, customer satisfaction and maintains budget and schedule performance for all assigned projects.
This is a fast paced, dynamic role which requires strong communication skills, organizational skills and the ability to lead and collaborate with others to ensure reliable delivery of services to Siemens’ customer base. The Service Project Manager (SPM) manages multiple active orders and therefore must be self-driven with the ability to monitor and control multiple orders in any given day.
The Service Project Manager (SPM) executes the project management of complex mod and start-up service projects. The SPM represents Russelectric Field Services operations within the Midwest territory (OH, PA, WV, KY, TN, IN, IL, WI, MI ). Essential activities include:
- Understanding and reinforcing Zero Harm Culture to all stakeholders
- Understanding contracted scope of work and allocated budget; defining and allocating required resources prior to equipment delivery
- Leading Customer Kick-Off Meetings (remote or at customer site as required)
- As required, review materials at factory pre-shipment or pre-inspection of bill of material delivered at customer site to ensure smooth project execution
- Leading periodic operational review meetings with the customer to maintain schedule and project organization/key contacts
- Regularly communicate with customers regarding project status, resource availability and other service-related needs
- Deliver projects consistently at or below budget
- Communicate to finance partners Estimate-at-complete project cost and scheduled completion on a monthly basis for all assigned projects
- Provide Lessons Learned feedback loop to Offers team on selective challenging projects
The Service Delivery – Field Services organization measures the Service Project Manager (SPM) performance through Key Performance Indicators, including:
- Safety (RIR and LTIR)
- Project margins (As Sold vs. As Executed)
- Delivery Reliability (Work-In Progress Open Orders and Orders Past Due)
Required Skills, Knowledge, Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or related technical field.
- 7+ years of direct project management experience.
- Background in electrical power system equipment
- Very strong project management skills
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 50%
This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit jobs.siemens.com.