Senior/Staff Technical Writer/Documentation Engineer
Energetic, experienced, and organized lead writer required to start a new writing group for the world’s largest semiconductor intellectual property provider in Bucharest. Exciting career-expanding opportunity for a senior or staff technical writer.
Who we are:
Synopsys (NASDAQ: SNPS) is the premier semiconductor IP and EDA software provider in the world. We enable companies to create the leading-edge micro-chips found in the latest smartphones, data centre servers, and automobile smart systems. Synopsys is committed to fostering an environment that treats people with respect, honesty, and professionalism.
Who we are looking for:
If you are fascinated with cutting-edge technology, want to be essential to an inclusive and diverse corporate culture, and a key player in a dynamic and growing team, then Synopsys is the place for you.
At Synopsys, we are at the heart of the innovations that change the way we work and play. Self-driving cars. Artificial Intelligence. The cloud. 5G. The Internet of Things. These breakthroughs are ushering in the Era of Smart Everything. And we are powering it all with tools and Interface IP solutions.
Our Solutions Group business is all about developing designs to stay on the leading edge of function and process technology. We are constantly evolving existing and developing new interface standards for customers spanning a wide range of products covering Die-to-Die, PCI Express, USB, DDR, Ethernet and MIPI.
If you share our passion for innovation and value creation, we want to meet you. We only want the best of the best to join our team. Be ready to produce results; bring innovation, creativity, and passion to work every day.
What you will do:
Synopsys has a unique opportunity for an enthusiastic and results-oriented senior or staff Technical Writer to be part of our world-class Technical Publications team. Are you interested in recruiting, inspiring, and leading a small to medium team of technical writers? You will empower our customers to design-in and optimize our products. Your knowledge of our products, along with your passion for electronics, software, and communication technology, will be key in creating content that turns our products into easy-to-use Semiconductor IP Solutions for the largest companies in the world.
You’ll use your powerful skill set to plan, organize, write, and edit all types of customer documentation. You will be in a team environment, working side-by-side with world-class engineers and creating multiple types of essential customer documentation in numerous dynamic formats. Sound interesting?
If you want a career at a great company, be part of a dynamic team, and are eager to work with the newest Semiconductor IP Solutions, get in touch with us!
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation package with performance-based bonus and stock
- Excellent health benefits
- Working with exceptional talent around the world
- Stable career-driven working environment
- High Performance, High Reward career progression
- Integration in a dynamic, inclusive, diverse, and experienced team
- Flexible working environment
- Diverse team activities that promote team growth and idea sharing
- Clear, focused, and proven enabling plan in both tools and processes
Hard skills we are looking for:
- Degree or masters in any electronics, science, hardware, computing, software, physics, mathematics, or engineering discipline. Other technical disciplines also considered.
- 5-7 years technical writing experience in a software or hardware industry
- Excellent problem-solving skills; strong logical reasoning and solution-oriented
- Experience with authoring tools such as FrameMaker or Oxygen
- Excellent English writing and speaking skills
Soft skills we are looking for:
- Has excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Energetic and capable of learning new technologies as necessary
- Team player and able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Experience in interviewing, hiring, and leading small teams.
- You care (about others, about doing a good job, about details)
- You take ownership of projects and tasks assigned to you with little to no supervision and have pride in quality work done correctly the first time
- Attention to detail
Advantageous skill areas that will give you the edge:
- Familiarity with semiconductor design flows
- Structured FrameMaker
- Oxygen editor and XML flows
- XSLT and XPATH
- DITA, DocBook, or IP-XACT XML schemas
- FrameScript, ExtendScript, or FDK
- DITA Open Toolkit
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit sjobs.brassring.com.