The Software Engineer in Test – Embedded Development will be developing automated test suites and conducting hands-on testing of the automatically generated embedded code for the Altair Embed product. This person will work closely with other Quality Engineers and Developers to improve standards and strategies for efficient automated testing. This position is for someone who enjoys solving challenging problems in test automation for testing the auto-generated code for Embedded Targets.
• A bachelor’s degree and 5 years of professional work experience (or a master’s degree) is required.
• Strong embedded C programming and debugging skills desired.
• Experience with test-automation, test plan creation.
• Experience with Code compliance to coding standards like MISRA is highly desirable.
• Experience with Embedded Targets such as Arduino, Raspberry-Pi, STM32,ARM-Cortex-M, TI C2000 etc.
• Experience with integrated embedded software development environments, such as Arduino IDE, TI Code Composer Studio, Workbench Pluses
• Experience with Control Systems
• Experience with Scripting tools like python, OML, matlab, scilab ..etc.
• Experience with image processing /Opencv.
• Experience with Altair Embed(VisSim)
• Must have knowledge of using test equipment like oscilloscopes, signal generators…etc
• Familiarity with UNIX, Perl, Shell scripting
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
• Worked on TI MCU/DSP Architecture (MSP430, Stellaris M3 or C2000).
• Candidates with technical notes/application /user guides/patents highly desirable.
• Domain Knowledge on Control Systems and its applications in Digital Power, Digital Motor control highly preferred.
Primary and Secondary Responsibilities:
This person will provide strong technical input to the testing of the Altair Embed product. Specific tasks will include: participating in design reviews, test planning, understanding the targets and their peripherals, writing test suites using Altair Compose/Python for testing Embedded Targets, writing and executing interactive tests, reporting detected bugs, verifying fixes and final product validation. As a member of the development team, this person will work closely with the Software engineers, Documentation and Program Management to help achieve higher product quality.
• Pro-active engagement and self-oriented
• Team and People Skills:
• Team Member and co-operative to align as per organization priorities/needs.