The Arm Boston team is looking for a highly motivated Senior Software Engineer to join our team developing the simulation backend of IP Explorer, a new cloud-based platform to enable Arm customers and partners. Arm Boston builds the backend of this platform as well as the systems and models of groundbreaking Arm technologies showcased on it. This platform enables exploration of Arm Intellectual Property (IP) by our partners during their System on Chip (SoC) architectural planning. We care deeply about succeeding together while giving individuals the space to develop and thrive. We look forward to welcoming you to the team to help contribute to the success of our solutions!
Arm is at the heart of the world’s most advanced digital products. Our technology enables the creation of new markets and transformation of industries and society. We design scalable, energy efficient-processors and related technologies to deliver the intelligence in applications ranging from sensors to servers, including smartphones, tablets, and enterprise infrastructure.
- Work as part of an Agile team on everything from Arm system designs in SystemVerilog to our development infrastructure and tooling in our AWS-hosted simulation environment
- Learn about embedded system architectures and designs while they are in development
- Analyze requirements and break down tasks
- Actively participate in Agile ceremonies and contribute to making the team better
- Apply your creativity to improve our product and its codebase
What skills and qualifications you need
- You have ample experience with scripting in languages such as Python, or equivalent
- You can quickly understand and implement complex requirements into code
- You are adaptable and motivated to continually learn and work with new tools and technologies
- You have a growth mindset, leading by example in advocating for continuous improvement
- You have experience and motivation to help foster collaboration and open communication
- You care about the positive impact Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion have on the success of teams
“Nice to have” skills and experience
Having the following will increase your chances of success in the role, but it’s fine if you don’t have them all:
- Knowledge of Arm architectures
- You are capable of developing and debugging SystemVerilog-based Functional Verification Environments
- Experience using C++ for software development.
- Experience with any CI/CD platform, such as Jenkins/GitLab CI/GitHub Actions
- Cloud-based development experience, particularly AWS, utilizing containerization tooling such as Docker
- Experience using build systems such as Make/CMake, Bazel, Buck, etc.
What you get when you join us
When you join the Arm Boston team, you are joining a collaborative group working on highly unique and challenging problems that have real impact on the success of Arm and its partners. You’ll be part of a team that embraces new and different ideas and perspectives, because we believe the best innovation only happens in a diverse and psychologically safe environment. You’ll have plenty of opportunities to collaborate with system architects and users, helping us build meaningful relationships and cultivate the strong sense of community we value.
We also support fully hybrid work: you have the freedom to balance working from home or in the office as it best fits you and your team. We ask our teammates to be able to come into the office for planning, major group activities, and any regular “team days” as agreed upon by the team. The rest is up to you.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit careers.arm.com.