Job ID #: 18487
Job Category: Software Engineering
Employment Type: Experienced Professionals
Division: Central Engineering – Systems
Department: Central Engineering – Systems Engineering
Primary Country: UK
Primary Location: Manchester
Arm is looking for a senior software developer to work within one of our high-impact team, based in Manchester, working in C and C++ to deliver portable and flexible software that runs on arm Mali ISP IPs to produce the best image quality of them.
We’d like you to bring passions for software development, the power of working as a team and personal development, and, in return, the team will provide you a collaborative environment to grow your career and exposure to technology that will be the foundation for the innovative products for years to come.
Software Engineering at Arm
The software engineering teams at Arm play a meaningful role in the entire lifecycle of Arm’s products:
- They enable early architectural exploration of new hardware features
- Provide crucial deliveries that support the development of our hardware products
- Build tools, drivers and services, that enable our customers to create technology that empowers the world.
Software at Arm today is developed using modern, industry-standard tools and techniques. We value the art of great code-reviews (and reviewers), get excited by the use of automated continuous integration tools and take joy when our teams pull together and achieve success through delivering in sprints.
Great software engineers have a rewarding and dynamic future at Arm. You will be joining a growing community of engineers who you can learn new skills from. Those same engineers are also keen to incorporate your experience and ideas to help shape the future of how we develop software.
About the ISP device driver team
Our team works with C & C++ to build full layers of software abstractions for ISP pipelines, that include device driver, image sensor driver, 3A algorithm, and external framework support such as Android.
Your role will be collaborate and grow with us as a peer in the team, contributing to develop Android HAL3 and V4L2 layer into our deliveries, reviewing your peer’s code and improving our automation and testing infrastructures.
Essential Skills & Qualities
- Hands-on experiences on Linux V4L2 and Android camera HAL3
- Proficient coding skill in C & C++
- A creative and well-organised problem solving skill
- Knowledges on Git (or any equivalent SCM tool), Contiguous Integration, and Software testing
- Passion to learn things and share those to others
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veter
What are the desired behaviours for this role?
At Arm, we are proud to have core beliefs that reflect our open culture and guide our decisions defining how we work together to defy ordinary and craft extraordinarily. These behaviors are assessed as part of the recruitment process.
We not I
- Actively participate in thriving the Global Arm community
- No individual is responsible for the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
- Information is important, share it
- Realize that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t (what does collaborate)
Passion for Progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and lead your own progress
Be Your Brilliant Self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognize the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
- Success in the global marketplace.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit careers.peopleclick.com.