Summary/Objective: The Senior RF Connector Engineer will be responsible for the product design of Samtec’s RF interconnect products.
Essential Functions/ Responsibilities:
- Review and rationalize new product scopes.
- Ability to be “forward-facing” to customers to identify creative solutions and address customer and market needs.
- Conceptualize and design RF interconnect products using 3D CAD.
- Define characterization and test plans.
- Actively participate and support peer design reviews and other team efforts.
- Review and approve detail drawings.
- Review test results and address deviations as required.
- Mentor and develop other members of the team.
- Handle multiple projects simultaneously as priorities can change very quickly.
- Work and communicate regularly with Marketing, Quality and Operations
- ITAR: Must be able to legally work in the United States. Position requires the candidate to be a US Person as defined in ITAR, 22 CFR 120.15 (US Citizenship or Resident Alien Status) and defined by 8 USC 1101(a) (20).
*The responsibilities as defined are intended to serve as a general guideline for this position. Associates may be asked to perform additional tasks depending on strengths and capabilities.
- 10+ Years’ of experience in RF Connector Design
- Hands-on experience troubleshooting and debugging mmWave (40+ GHz) interconnect products.
- Proficient in the interpretation of s-parameter and Time Domain Reflectometry (TDR) measurements.
- Strong mechanical aptitude with experience in blueprint reading, GD&T and tolerance stack-ups.
- Ability to use SolidWorks and MS Office Suite, MS Project, SharePoint Document Management and general computer literacy.
- Solid interpersonal communication skills, a professional demeanour, cooperative personality and a team attitude are all required. Works well with others and interacts effectively and efficiently with internal and external people and groups.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Extensive cross functional team expertise including technical and non-technical work.
- Analytical and creative thinker, problem solver, result-orientated and focused.
- Motivated, high achiever, persistent and conscientious.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
- On the job training as appropriate.
SAMTEC, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating a diverse environment. All employment decisions at Samtec are based in business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, pregnancy or parental status, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender and/or gender identity/expression, marital status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit jobs.jobvite.com.